Asking for a Players Autograph

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Now that the lockout is over, just what is the address for Penguins mail?

Some have said it is:

This websites http://www.fanmail.biz/78829.html says

Player's Name
Pittsburgh Penguins
1 Chatham Ctr, Ste 400
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-3447
USA

But others have said:

Players Name
c/o Pittsburgh Penguins
Consol Energy Center
1001 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Players Name
c/o Pittsburgh Penguins
Consol Energy Center
1001 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Is the right one. I've used it a few times (I collect autos). None of the bigger players sign through the mail though. I've gotten Dupuis, Staal (before he left), Orpik, and Adams. I know Martin, Jeffery, Tangradi, and Engellend sign through the mail too. If you send one to Crosby, in about 2 years you'll get a 4x6 card with a fake signature printed on it. I would assume some of the newer players (Glass, Vokoun, Sutter) would sign as well.

Good luck with your quest!

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Players Name
c/o Pittsburgh Penguins
Consol Energy Center
1001 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Is the right one. I've used it a few times (I collect autos). None of the bigger players sign through the mail though. I've gotten Dupuis, Staal (before he left), Orpik, and Adams. I know Martin, Jeffery, Tangradi, and Engellend sign through the mail too. If you send one to Crosby, in about 2 years you'll get a 4x6 card with a fake signature printed on it. I would assume some of the newer players (Glass, Vokoun, Sutter) would sign as well.

Good luck with your quest!
Thanks, any reason why the Chatham one is listed on the website, but wrong? I am trying for Cooke.

jrm2054

Jan 2, 2013
So do you pay for them? Do you send something to have signed? And which address is correct?

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I could be wrong, but I think the Chatham Center is the business offices. Either way, 1001 Fifth Ave is definitely the working address for through the mail autos.

If you're trying to get an auto through the mail, it's best to send something to be signed (card, photo, puck), a letter of request, and a return envelope with postage on it. It's very rare that a hockey player charges for through the mail autos. Some that come to mind are Howe, Orr, Dionne, Delvecchio, Schimdt, and Oates. Almost always, they are free or you never receive anything back :P. I think I'm batting at about 52% return rate right now with through the mail autos with about 400 requests.

Regarding Matt Cooke, he's actually pretty tough to get. I've sent three letters to the team address and one to his foundation, and never got anything back :-\. I know he signs a lot better in person. Good luck though if you choose to do so.

If you're looking for additional addresses, sportscollectors.net is an awesome resource.

benkorn

Jan 12, 2013
What is the best route at attempting to get one of the bigger guys to sign? Simply catching them after a game or practice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->