Asia League Ice Hockey 2014-15

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
Relatively quite. I caught a Cranes game when I was in Japan and was easily their loudest guy there.

The players aren't that bad, and it's getting better. I give it a few years and you may see players start getting to the AHL from that league.

And hopefully Japan can make it to the elite division at the Worlds. They will never be good enough for the Olympics but at the Worlds it's different because so many NHL players don't go.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
And hopefully Japan can make it to the elite division at the Worlds. They will never be good enough for the Olympics but at the Worlds it's different because so many NHL players don't go.

...Unless of course the NHL doesn't go to the next Olympics, in which case, D-list teams can make a better showing against minor leaguers and the occasional junior.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
In this day and age of video everywhere they really need to put video highlights somewhere! Even low level hockey leagues do that.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Anyone watch last year? Buddy signed with Nippon Paper Cranes, would like to stream a few games

Never been able to find any streams myself, so maybe just check the regular streaming sites when a game is on and hope for the best.

What you CAN do is find most league game highlights on youtube. For instance, here's a Paper Cranes game from last season:

Notice anything weird? That's right; it's the hole friggin' game. Sometimes they'll just put up a 10 minute clip. Other times, nothing at all. In the example above they were pretty punctual, so check that out after their season starts. You might not be able to see your buddy live, but you definitely will be able to see him play.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
How come Sakhalin just played their first game, several games behind the other teams?

China Dragon has already played 6 (and lost all 6, on their way to another successful season :help: ), as has Daemyung. The majority have played 3 games. Nothing too strange here, and they'll balance out eventually.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
So there's a new South Korean team based in Incheon - Daemyung Killer Whales

Elite prospects has them rumored to sign Jeff Deslauriers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad