TV: Ash vs Evil Dead

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was going to bump the original thread, but it isn't coming up in the search engine and isn't among the last 6 months of threads. It appears as thought it magically disappeared, so here's a new thread.

I was really surprised tonight to stumble upon a commercial for a new episode next Sunday. I had no idea that Season 3 was due so soon, considering that Season 2 ended just 2.5 months ago (Edit: Whoops.... a year and 2.5 months. Never mind). Apparently, it premiered this past Sunday. I immediately watched Episode 1 on demand and it's good, as expected.

Anyways, I wanted to let everyone (who may not have realized it, like me) know that Season 3 has started.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It probably vanished with move to site. Happened with some other threads randomly not moving over

I have the first two seasons on DVD but have yet to watch them (Nor have I watched it on TV)

I am interested but just haven't really jumped into series at this point. One day I will probably have a few days worth of time and binge watch series

Heard season 1 is shaky but season 2 finds its groove (Not surprising as that is how it usually goes with TV)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Season 2 finished in 2016, so that's a year and 2.5 months :laugh:

I really enjoyed the first two season and looking forward to this one!

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Its an amazing show! A lot of love and care was put into the show. Bruce kills it, and his side kicks arent bad at all.

I highly suggest you watchwthe morgue scene in season 2.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Season 2 finished in 2016, so that's a year and 2.5 months :laugh:

Oh, wow. How has it been that long and how did I get that wrong? I guess that it's because I re-watched both Seasons 1 and 2 over this past Christmas, so it's all so fresh to me.

Reactions: Tuggy

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I am almost done with season 2. It's no mystery that I absolutely love this show since Evil Dead is my favorite horror film of all time. I am just glad this show exists.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’ Canceled at Starz After Three Seasons

Disappointing but not unexpected given ratings fall

Sunday Night will serve as series finale now

Some fans and media (Bloody Disgusting) were trying to start a campaign to get Netflix or someone else to pick up series but Campbell announced he was done playing Ash

“Good people, Evil Dead fans everywhere, I bid you a heartfelt farewell playing Ash – the character I took acting lessons with for 39 years. I am hereby retiring from that portrayal. It’s time. I followed Ash from his formative years thru his mid-life crisis and decline. What a thrill! What a privilege!

We had a great resurgence with the help of Starz (kudos not jeers, folks). They made it possible for 15 more hours of Evil Dead-ness in your life – the equivalent of 10 more features!

Is Ash dead? Never. Ash is as much a concept as a person. Where there is evil in this world, there must be one to counter – man or woman, it matters not.

Thanks for watching.
Love, Bruce.”

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This is sad news, but not unexpected. In a way, maybe it's for the best, since these last two seasons haven't had the freshness of the first. It's felt like the same thing over and over. Having Ruby be the villain for three seasons in a row and always coming back after being killed has gotten a little tiring. I think that I'd rather the series end now before it jumps the shark and becomes unenjoyable. I hope that the final episode wraps things up and doesn't end on a cliffhanger, though.

BTW, this is becoming more and more common, so it shouldn't be a surprise, but I was still surprised to discover the other day that Ash's daughter is played by an Aussie. There are some YouTube videos of her speaking in her normal accent.

Reactions: Hypernova

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's sad that the series is over, but it ended in a good way. I was afraid for the last half of the episode that they were going to kill him off, but, instead, it looks like they were setting up for a 4th season. They may've unwittingly contributed to the cancellation, though, since the next season probably would've been expensive, set-wise. Even though it's not going to happen, it does make you smile to imagine it and Ash having the time of the life.

cadifan

Apr 30, 2018
It's a real bummer that the show has ended. I worked as an extra several times on season 2 and first and last episodes on season 3. It was a ton of fun and a lot of long days.

For those who don't know, all three seasons were filmed in Auckland, New Zealand.

In my profile pic is me in the bar scene, season 2 episode 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad