ASGs Thread

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It was fun. Not sure what else you would want out of a game like that. Much better than 5 guys a side floating around.

Hockey players always look miserable in events like this because the NHL, or probably more specifically the Canadian media, actively encourages suppression of personality among NHL players. Don Cherry destroyed Matthews for his back and forth with Kane earlier this season, which was one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time, and Matthews has looked like a shell since.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I can't imagine how goals Cory would let in tonight
Dunno. How many shots do you think the other team could generate in one game? They might actually let in fewer goalies if they pulled him and went with 4 skaters :sarcasm:

Man, I had to say that, but now I feel bad :(

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Most of the goals Gibson allowed weren't really anything he should have stopped, but I saw one that squeaked under his pad that I thought he should have had.

Pathetic when you think about it.

The Pacific has the best forward in the game, probably the best defenseman in the game and probably the best goalie in the game and damn they sucked. Didn't expect them to get beat so bad.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This format is a joke. It's unwatchable and judging by the players it's also unbearable to play.

Judging by how little interest there was to this thread and the ASG in particular on a forum with dedicated hockey fans, I think that says it all. It really IS a joke. They take the best hockey players in the world and make them play 3x3 pond hockey. Bonus points for no defense being played, it's just a silly display.

I will say this, however, my brother, who is not a hockey fan, said it was the greatest hockey he's ever seen and would be a huge hockey fan if the game were like this. Of course, he's a basketball guy, so.......

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Judging by how little interest there was to this thread and the ASG in particular on a forum with dedicated hockey fans, I think that says it all. It really IS a joke. They take the best hockey players in the world and make them play 3x3 pond hockey. Bonus points for no defense being played, it's just a silly display.

I will say this, however, my brother, who is not a hockey fan, said it was the greatest hockey he's ever seen and would be a huge hockey fan if the game were like this. Of course, he's a basketball guy, so.......
The last few 5 v 5 all star games made my eyes bleed. It was the same level of effort while having no room to do fancy stuff. 3 v 3 has been better but its an All Star Game, they are usually pretty terrible for every sport.

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
ASG is the only game with NHL players that doesn't interest me one bit. I f I had the choice to visit either the ASG or a regular season game between Detroit and the Kings, I'd chose the latter one each and every time.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
When I first started watching hockey in 91 I thought the all star competition and game were the greatest. I still think they're fun, though I don't even remember when they're on half the time. As I got older I was surprised how low an opinion people have towards all star games in every sport.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
When I first started watching hockey in 91 I thought the all star competition and game were the greatest. I still think they're fun, though I don't even remember when they're on half the time. As I got older I was surprised how low an opinion people have towards all star games in every sport.

Well All-Star games are for the kids and the cities hosting them more than they're for everyone else. I'm not watching this either but if I was forced to sit through one All-Star game it'd be the NHL and its mini game tournament over the 4-4.5 hour junk food the other sports give you. Baseball would be okay if they didn't start like after 8:30 and take till at least 12:30 with all the substitutions.

Judging by how little interest there was to this thread and the ASG in particular on a forum with dedicated hockey fans, I think that says it all.

It also says that a lot of people didn't even know they switched the ASG from Sunday afternoon to Saturday night this year, although I'm not surprised after the skills competition went on Friday (which I also didn't realize). It is a good change though not going directly against or trying to lead into the Pro Bowl.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Most of the goals Gibson allowed weren't really anything he should have stopped, but I saw one that squeaked under his pad that I thought he should have had.

Pathetic when you think about it.

The Pacific has the best forward in the game, probably the best defenseman in the game and probably the best goalie in the game and damn they sucked. Didn't expect them to get beat so bad.

I look forward to your video breakdown :sarcasm:

Should only take you a week or two :laugh:

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad