As perfect a Mock Draft as you'll get :)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Typically you want an offensive stud as much as possible in the top 3. Some people are saying the opposite about Landeskog, his certainty alone shouldn't make him a top 3 pick. All I'm saying is that since the consensus among the "minor league" scouting agencies is that Landeskog is top 3 doesn't mean every team sees it that way, perhaps not even close.

Basically for Landeskog to drop to 6, that means 3 teams feel there is somebody better. Given all the the draft lists where I see him ranked anywhere from 1-3, I find it rather unlikely. The fact he is a power forward(which are tough to find) sort of will counteract the fears he won't score the most points(look at what Colorado got for Stewart for instance)

It only took until September for people to realize how much teams made a mistake passing on Fowler, and a lot of people seem to think the same will be said about Gormley.

It's going to take 5 years to get a good read of who made a good move or not. While Fowler's 40 points was nice, his -25 wasn't. I am guessing at the end fo the day there will be a couple GM kicking themself, while other GMs will be happy with there choice.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Basically for Landeskog to drop to 6, that means 3 teams feel there is somebody better. Given all the the draft lists where I see him ranked anywhere from 1-3, I find it rather unlikely. The fact he is a power forward(which are tough to find) sort of will counteract the fears he won't score the most points(look at what Colorado got for Stewart for instance)

The point still prevails though, NHL teams don't even look at a list like ISS, RLR, McKeen's. So all these lists, that you could argue just run off each other, and are geared toward fans....don't have stock put into them by NHL teams.

All these lists put the same thing out, and everyone treats them like since it's the consensus, so these independent lists must all be on to the correct evaluations. NHL teams don't let these lists sway them like fans do...I'm lead to believe they don't even glance at them. They are like farm systems for guys that want to be NHL scouts and do the real thing.

When would you ever choose an AHLer over an NHLer? You could say the independents are like a minor league, but since it's all the fans have access to, they treat it like gospel. That's not the case.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
It's interesting that so many people, including professional prognosticators, are predicting a lot of movement of picks in the first round this year. It's typically not the case, though, and I don't think this draft will be any different.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It's interesting that so many people, including professional prognosticators, are predicting a lot of movement of picks in the first round this year.

First round picks traded away

Leafs
LA
Nashville
Boston
Philadelphia

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Why would the Avs draft a center looking to make Stastny expendable unless it is RNH?

I'm pretty sure this year forwards will be taken quick, leaving the defensive prospects to fall down the draft as people prepare for stocking up on their defensive prospects next draft. So guys like Larsson (could fall to NJD), Hamilton (could fall to CBJ), Seimans should be taken somewhere between 11-15 is my guess, either by the Avs or Carolina most likely.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Fair enough, but I was referring to at the draft.

Well 5 is an abnormal amount of first rounders to be traded(4 if you don't count the Kessel trade since I see that trade a little different then the other 4 because it wasn't a case of a team who was going to make the playoffs who felt the draft pick didn't have as much value as other years so they traded it for talented roster filling players).

I am guessing though we will get a decent amount(3-4) of my first and second rounder to move up 4-5 slot type deals though in the first round, either that or my decent second pairing defenseman/average 2nd line forward for a late first type deals(see Ballard last year)

Zeroknowledge*

I also think NJ won't pass on Landeskog assuming Larsson and RNH are gone, he's the perfect prototypical Devil

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Murray has shown he's willing to move up, but I don't think that his record indicates that he's careless with picks as some other organizations (Tor for example, gave up too move to move up two spots for Schenn... let alone the other big examples).

fyi, turned out to be

Luke Schenn

or

Colin Wilson
Roman Josi
Shawn Lalonde

Won't see any Leafs fans losing sleep over that move.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
fyi, turned out to be

Actually, it was 5th overall (L.Schenn)
for
7th overall (C.Wilson), 68th overall (S.Lalonde) and 37th overall '09 (Mat Clark).

Or
2008: 5th for 7th, 68th & 37th

vs.
2008: 7th for 9th & 40th
2008: 15th for 18th & 70th
2010: 15th for 19th & 59th
2007: 9th for 13th & 44th
2005: 8th for 12th, 49th and 207th
2005: 12th for 16th & 41st
2006: 16th for 20th & 53rd

You may not feel burned by that deal and you might be able to get away with a few more overpayments. But if you're constantly careless with picks and overpaying compared to others... your organization will eventually start to suffer.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I would be surprised if Florida passed on Landeskog at #3. 5 years ago Dale Tallon drafted a player at the same #3 slot who might not have had the pure skill as other top prospects, but everyone kept saying he was a natural leader and was gushing with intangibles. I think that one worked out and Dale will certainly attempt to go down the same path IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad