As perfect a Mock Draft as you'll get :)

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
1. Edmonton Oilers - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Edmonton gets their dynamic playmaking centre to play with Hall and Eberle

2. Colorado Avalanche - Adam Larsson
Colorado solidifies it's defence with Larsson, allowing them to trade JM Liles for forward assets.

3. Florida Panthers - Sean Couturier
Tallon loves dem Big Boyz, Panthers happy with a solid, low-risk pick.

4. New Jersey Devils - Ryan Murphy
Devils get that PMD that even their former coach, Jacques Lemaire, said they desperately needed. Amazing vision for such a young talent.

5. New York Islanders - Dougie Hamilton
Islanders get that all-around defenceman that can have his offensive side tutored by Mark Streit.

6. Ottawa Senators - Gabriel Landeskog
May come as a surprise to some, but Ottawa manages to grab Landeskog, add another Swede that will be a solid pick for years to come.

7. Atlanta Thrashers - Jonathon Huberdeau
Atlanta picks up another big forward to play along the massive PWF in Kane, and the shifty Burmistrov.

8. Columbus Blue Jackets - Ryan Strome
Columbus adds another centre that they see as the #1 need in their organization. With this and Johansen's development, players like Huselius and Brassard may become expendable for a PMD.

9. Boston Bruins (from Toronto) - Duncan Siemens
Bruins pick the gritty defencemen who will help fill in with their lackluster defensive prospects.

10. Minnesota Wild - Mika Zibanejad
Wild pick a young talented centre to their aging forward corp.

11. Colorado Avalanche (from St. Louis) - Mark McNeill
Having picked the best defenseman in the draft, Colorado chooses a big gifted centre who possibly makes Stastny expendable for further assets.

12. Carolina Hurricane - Jamie Oleksiak
Carolina chooses a big skilled defenceman to a D-corp that may see Pitkanen go this offseason.

13. Calgary Flames - Brandon Saad
Calgary chooses a PWF prospect that can be mentored by one of the greats, Jarome Iginla.

14. Dallas Stars - Nathan Beaulieu
Stars take the small, offensive, defenceman prospect to bolster up their lack of defence.

15. New York Rangers - Joel Armia
Rangers take a skilled offensive prospect who may turn out to be their future replacement of Gaborik.

16. Buffalo Sabres - Mark Scheifele
Sabres take the big, yet lanky, centre in hopes of strengthening themselves down the middle.

17. Montreal Canadiens - Tyler Biggs
Biggs, yes he is. Montreal adds a PWF prospect that adds SIZE to their team.

18. Chicago Blackhawks - Sven Bartschi
Bit of a drop, Blackhawks take an undersized winger who has the ability to play a support role with great offensive players.

19. Edmonton Oilers (from LA) - David Musil
After taking RNH first overall, Oilers look to add to their D by selecting the gifted David Musil.

20. Phoenix Coyotes - Vladislav Namestinov
After having lack of high-end talent on their team, Phoenix takes the risky pick hoping this Russian pans out.

21. Ottawa Senators (from Nashville) - Zach Phillips
Sens take a strong centre who they hope was the real reason behind the Sea Dogs success.

22. Anaheim Ducks - Matt Puempel
Ducks take the offensively talent sniper in Puempel who's stock fall due to an injury, may become the steal of this draft.

23. Tampa Bay - Jonas Brodin
Bolts take a talent dman to a lackluster corp of aging dman and poor system.

24. Toronto (from Boston) - Dmitri Jaskin
Leafs take the talented Czech-Russian who's stock fell somewhat to a knee injury.

25. Detroit - Victor Rask
Wings take a risk here hoping they can develop some top-end talent.

26. San Jose - Scott Mayfield
Another huge dman to their system, their D is looking scary in 3 years.

27. Pittsburgh Penguins - Boone Jenner
Taking the safe pick with a lot of heart. Pens hope he can become an offensive force playing with their elite centres.

28. Toronto (from Philadelphia)- Nicklas Jensen
Toronto takes the PWF prospect who they hope develops into a Kulemin-lite player.

29. Washington Capitals - Alexander Kohklachev
Russian. Need I say more?

30. Vancouver Canucks - Joseph Morrow
With lackluster defensive prospects, Canucks add a skilled dman to replace a Bieksa/Ehrhoff/Salo/Hamhuis/Ballard down the road.

Opinions are welcome.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Except the fact you have the too perfect situation of Ottawa getting Landeskog without trading up.

Do not want Beaulieu for Dallas either. No QMJHL defensemen for Dallas. Not anymore.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Mark McNiel at 31st overall? Yes friggen please...EDIT: nvm, I'm blind.

That being said, I wouldn't be overly happy with David Musil at 19th. I'd rather grab Joe Morrow.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Burke doesn't draft Europeans

You're way off here

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Burke doesn't draft Europeans

You're way off here

He'll pick the BPA. It doesn't matter if they're European or not. Burke likes size and by adding these 2 prospects he gets just that.

He would rather pick a 6 foot PWF with high upside than the other americans who are left. Especially when some are lacking size. (Grimaldi)

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Call me crazy but I don't think Calgary passes on either McNeil or Scheifele if one of the two is available at their pick. We've been looking for a big center for forever.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
hahaha yeah Larsson to colorado with the 2nd overall will upgrade our defence. but dont get your hopes up to high buddy JML aint getting traded.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
If Boone Jenner is on the board, they will pick him over the Czech guy.

jablueblue

Jul 22, 2009
I could see the top 8 going something like this. Everyone always panic's and says who the bpa's are, but it never goes according to plan. This is a little different and meets the needs of the teams.

KingJet*

Oil will probably go for Larsson, then take Schiefele who compares to Spezza, or take a center next year, Gagner I think is just fine.

Avs take Landeskog, they need Wingers ASAP and take a D with the other pick (whoevers left)

Florida takes RNH/Couturier

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Except the fact you have the too perfect situation of Ottawa getting Landeskog without trading up.

Do not want Beaulieu for Dallas either. No QMJHL defensemen for Dallas. Not anymore.

Yeah honestly....even if Ottawa thinks there's a chance Landeskog could slide to 6, there's still a much bigger chance they move up to 3 or 4 and pay the price.

Considering I don't think he's clearly the BPA at all until he gets to around 6...I don't see why NJ adds another natural LW. In reply to Classic Devil...Ryan Murphy is a rare prospect, could arguably be the BPA, and fills a significant need in one pick for NJ.

bjtkyo

Mar 2, 2011
I don't think Landeskog drops to Ottawa... I'd say he goes to Florida.. I bet they're looking for a franchise captain-type player.

I'd also guess that Ty Rattie doesn't leave the first round.

But other than that... this is definitely one of the best mock drafts I've seen on these boards. Good job.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
If the Devils are going to take Murphy, I think they'll move down first, unless Lou suspects the Isles want him, which I'm not so certain of.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I noticed your a leafs fan and chose colorados picks to make stastny and liles expendable !?

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
I don't think Landeskog drops to Ottawa... I'd say he goes to Florida.. I bet they're looking for a franchise captain-type player.

I'd also guess that Ty Rattie doesn't leave the first round.

But other than that... this is definitely one of the best mock drafts I've seen on these boards. Good job.

****. Knew I was forgetting someone, I'd have him mid to late first round :p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->