As of now. Who has the better hart record. Sid or ovi?

Which?

• Total voters

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
At his peak, I'd argue Ovechkin had better acceleration in skating, he was vastly more physical (not always a positive, but still a trait in hockey) and his possession game at his best was better.

That said, over the course of their careers it's pretty clear to me that Crosby is the superior player.
This narrative that has developed recently that Ovechkin's physicality was a misnomer early in his career is hilariously bad. All you need to do is pull up any condensed game from like 06 to 2010 particularly in the playoffs and try and tell me that his physicality had no effect or was detrimental. I mean jesus, in 2019 his physicality drove Dougie Hamilton insane in the Caps vs Canes series to where Hamilton was seeing ghosts.
What else was Ovechkin better at?
Physicality, skating and speed. Crosby's defense was not some advantage early in his career at all btw. What was Crosby better at? Passing the puck? From 07-2010 Ovechkin was the better player.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ya, you didn't watch and I won't waste my time explaining it to you. That team was mediocre, had goalie controversy and poor play all year long, down the stretch Ovechkin was literally winning games for them singlehandidly and they won the division because of it. Greg Wyshinski at the time went on the record right after the voting came out and called it a joke that he was 9th in voting.

Wait first it was Ovi dragging the Capitals into the playoffs, now it’s winning the division?You know there are plenty examples of Crosby doing the same thing right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad