As of 9:00 am: Bob McKenzie on TSN Says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjbhab*

If they don't come to a deal, my heart will be cracked in two, I can't wait much longer, Im optimistic today, but one part of me says they won't come to a deal because that is what always happens. I feel that they won't come out without a deal and if they do I will be severely dissapointed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If everyone is saying this gets done today, I'm going the other way.

August 1 it is

vopatsrash

Dec 9, 2004
cjbhab said:
If they don't come to a deal, my heart will be cracked in two, I can't wait much longer, Im optimistic today, but one part of me says they won't come to a deal because that is what always happens. I feel that they won't come out without a deal and if they do I will be severely dissapointed.

brace yourself, it's only going to get worse before it gets better. They'll come to a deal in principle and we'll hear all weekend about how the players might not ratify it and there will be rhetoric spewed and the columnists that represent both sides will have doom and gloom articles that whine about what's in the cba and how it's going to be horrible for the game and how it just isn't like it was in 1982. At least one owner and one player will insert foot in mouth and it will be ugly.

Once the deal in principle is announced, there will be 5-10 more days of utter horror for NHL fans, imo. :dunno:

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
bcrt2000 said:
Stan Fischler reports a deal is done according to PK from breakingsports (as of 9:11 am).. unfortunately he didn't say whether Fischler was on a radio station or what
And tomorrow Stan will tell everyone not to be too optimistic as he can't see a final CBA in place before mid-August.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
AdmiralPred said:
And tomorrow Stan will tell everyone not to be too optimistic as he can't see a final CBA in place before mid-August.

well TSN is reporting the deal should be done today as well

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Like Montrealer, best to get my celebratory comment out of the way, barring my inability to get in here. Obviously if things fall apart I look the fool, but I am elated right now.

Bob, you are outa here. :yo: :clap:

M-B-30

Jul 17, 2004
let me get this straight...they met yesterday at what ever time and the talks are still going this moorning at 9:45 ET!?!?! :amazed:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Well I get to work until 5 today..so hopefully I can come home to find these boards crashed ;)

ej_pens

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
M-B-30 said:
let me get this straight...they met yesterday at what ever time and the talks are still going this moorning at 9:45 ET!?!?! :amazed:

Since Goodenow found the location, they had to wait until he fell asleep before they started to talk

M-B-30

Jul 17, 2004
since everyobe is just viewing this thread..lol...pretty much anyways..in honest opinion whos in the cup finals and who will be the winner..i say Devils vs Sharks Sharks win in 5

GSC2k2*

ZaphodBeeblebrox said:
:biglaugh:

I heard reports they had to resort to drugging his coffee...there was temptation to shave his eyebrows once he was out, but Bettman couldn't find a scapegoat to pin it on.
Actually, I think that, after Bob found the location, everyone on both negotiating teams piled into taxis trying to get away from him, and they have been negotiating in the taxis while Goodenow has been tailing them in his car shouting at the top of his lungs out the window "No deal!!! No deal!! We'll stay out another year!!! Whatever it takes!!! It'll work, Trevor!!! I swear it!!!!"

Given that scenario, I think it is remarkable they have been able to draft the document, balancing laptops on their knees while there are eight grown men in the back of a cab...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad