TBN: As another season slips away, Sabres fans unleash their anger

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Column: As another season slips away, Sabres fans unleash their anger

I think Harrington likes the rant just a wee bit too much. It ain't healthy. :laugh:

It's a sad day. Melody Martin, 25, the Williamsville woman who has done Sabres song parodies for the last two season
has lost her love for the game.

"This team has just sucked the life out of me. I just don't even care about these games anymore. If people want to protest, they can go ahead but I just feel like I've completely lost every ounce of love I have for the Sabres."
"I just don't even care and that feels so much worse. I'd much rather be angry."
"It didn't make any sense to have all these defensemen. How has he not made a trade right now? Then he did and I thought it became irrelevant. Now almost a month later, I felt the same so I said, 'Why not?' and I posted it."

"I don't even want to pay $5 StubHub prices anymore. I went to the Bruins game (a 3-0 loss on Dec. 27) and it was the first time in my life I left the game early. If they were losing, it would be one thing if the games were entertaining and there was a bit of passion and excitement. Like 5-4 and it's a good game, whatever. I'm sick of 18 shots on goal, no legitimate scoring chances. It's boring. Be better.

"I would tell the Pegulas how much I appreciate them. I just wish they would put a little more attention to the Sabres. I have a couple more song ideas but I don't want to come off as negative or mean. But right now, that's what seems to be resonating."

I suspect there are some posters who will say 25 is too young to rant, let alone lose your love for the game. Some of us have been suffering much longer. Who says masochism doesn't have benefits? But Melody is welcome to post in the We Can Do Better! thread if she needs a support group.

For additional ranting, read the article.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00