Proposal: ARZ-CGY (2 proposals)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As a fan, I’d say yes to #1. I suspect our GM (who’s barred from participating in this draft and likely to replace the existing scouting staff) is more interested in 2021 picks. So I’d say it’s more realistic if you drop Rittich and delay the pick by a year. Maybe add another asset worth less than that pick.

As for #2 - you’d have to add a 1st.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Yea not enough futures coming back for these two. Coyotes are looking to retool. Any deal for OEL or Kuemps has to be the kind of deal that sets us up nicely in a couple years. The 1st and Hanifin are nice. No interest in Rittich, we can find a goalie in FA.

Reactions: Mosby

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If that's the cost of Kuemper, I'd rather try and strong arm Raanta out of Arizona for cheaper.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

Ledge And Dairy

1. No chance Arizona is taking a goalie back if they trade Kuemper, they just signed Hill to a 1 way deal.
2. I will be livid if Tre moves this year's first. That would be 2 1st round picks in the last 4 years and 3 in the last 6.

Don't do the 2nd trade it's dumb, you dont trade a 23 year old top 4 defenseman that just had a solid playoff run (he lead the team in ES points) for guy that's 6 years older, making 3.5M more and coming off a poor season. OEL is not bad by any means and will probably cost more than this which I would not be willing to pay since our prospect pool is already thin

New offer for Kuemper
2021 1st + Adam Ruzicka or Martin Pospisil

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd move Keumper for 19 and Ruzicka. Or switch it to 2021 (top three protected), Ruzicka, and add Karnaukhov

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If it's true someone already has one on the table, then it's obviously more tempting than a pick in 2021 in a vacuum.

Ledge And Dairy

If it's true someone already has one on the table, then it's obviously more tempting than a pick in 2021 in a vacuum.
As stated above, Arizona's new GM is barred from participating in this years draft since it likely violates his AGM contract with St. Louis. He will be given charge over rebuild/retooling the team so 2021 picks actually make a lot more sense for them.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
2020 pick is worth more than a year away, any way you slice it.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Really don't see Arizona taking back a goalie unless he is a legitimate starter. That's not Rittich. And the backup job is already filled by Adin Hill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad