WC: Artyukhin: Prepare for Glory

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
This guy was custom made for NHL hockey if he could only find a coach that believed in him enough to give him the minutes to make a real impact. He's an absolute beast and probably the best body checker in the game.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Blindsides, head hits, slew foots, elbows. Artyukhin is a dirty rat who picks his spots. If the dude would focus less on the cheapshots and more on playing a smart power game, he'd be such a solid player. As is, he's a clown who doesn't use the gifts he has the right way.

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
Hit on Rakhunek was a beauty - clean and hard. Rakhunek needs to learn to keep his helmet on. Minutes earlier he lost his helmet too but did not do anything about the strap and here you go. As far as I know it should be a penalty in the IIHF if you do not keep your equipment put on properly.

Fulcrum

Blindsides, head hits, slew foots, elbows. Artyukhin is a dirty rat who picks his spots. If the dude would focus less on the cheapshots and more on playing a smart power game, he'd be such a solid player. As is, he's a clown who doesn't use the gifts he has the right way.

Well today's game showed the opposite of what you are saying. He was clean on his hits.

butchie

Dec 20, 2010
Artyukhin, prepare to get suspended for blindside hit to the head on M. Michalek.

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
Well today's game showed the opposite of what you are saying. He was clean on his hits.

All of Artyukhin's hits were clean except the one on Michalek, Mikhalek was saying something to Artyukhin seconds earlier, probably trying to provoke him. Not a dirty player, definitely establishes himself as a force. Bykov said he was molodets, so don't expect Artyukhin to slow down in the next games.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
And I thought hockey was about about playing the puck and scoring, not hitting and injuring other players. My bad, I am just a layman... :help:

(In any case, it is positively interesting to see how the Russians lose their nerve when the game doesn't go well for them.)

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
All of Artyukhin's hits were clean except the one on Michalek, Mikhalek was saying something to Artyukhin seconds earlier, probably trying to provoke him. Not a dirty player, definitely establishes himself as a force. Bykov said he was molodets, so don't expect Artyukhin to slow down in the next games.

that's enough for suspension ... he can't play hockey ... hope will get atleast 2 matches

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
He is a great player in his role. He should take it down a bit to avoid the worst hit vs Czechs for an example, but overall he is not that dirty, just strong as bull. I am not surprised that Czech are moaning though, two good players got hit. Plus the fact that Czechs seems to moan every time when there is some physicality in the game. Just like with Ruutu brothers.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
This guy was custom made for NHL hockey if he could only find a coach that believed in him enough to give him the minutes to make a real impact. He's an absolute beast and probably the best body checker in the game.

He had that in Tocchet who did the same thing with Downie. Artyukhin is just too stupid to have any meaningful impact.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Russians are so sensitive when Canada hits them like that, but they find that funny. Some good clean hits, and some blindside hits (but not sure if that rule exists in IIHF). He better not have hurt Michalek. He's had enough injuries already.

cenas*

If he was tough he'd still be playing in the NHL. He is not, he turns into 5'10 around North Americans. The hit on Rachunek is charging with a side of interference.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
He is a great player in his role. He should take it down a bit to avoid the worst hit vs Czechs for an example, but overall he is not that dirty, just strong as bull. I am not surprised that Czech are moaning though, two good players got hit. Plus the fact that Czechs seems to moan every time when there is some physicality in the game. Just like with Ruutu brothers.
I find the Czechs too soft and they do whine a lot when the opponent are tough on them. Hockey is a tough sport, you can't expect ballet all the time and you can't always judge a hit based on the injury.

Russians are so sensitive when Canada hits them like that, but they find that funny. Some good clean hits, and some blindside hits (but not sure if that rule exists in IIHF). He better not have hurt Michalek. He's had enough injuries already.
Yeah, Russian fans have two faces. When they get hit, they while like the Czechs, but when they give the hits, they laugh exactly like Canadians.

Diagonaali

Jan 8, 2009
Finland
That guy has no business playing in this tournament.

It is rather funny that some Pejorative Slur deleted my previous post just for saying that lol.

Keep your goons in your KHL/NHL for the regular season for the entertainment factor. World championships is for the best players to decide which is the best hockey team that year (with available players to use lol.)

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Blindsides, head hits, slew foots, elbows. Artyukhin is a dirty rat who picks his spots. If the dude would focus less on the cheapshots and more on playing a smart power game, he'd be such a solid player.

Just like J.Ruutu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->