Player Discussion Artyom Zub (D) [Page 4 Senators sign from KHL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Or DeMelo :cry:
Hamonic would be awesome.

I just want someone who can provide some stability to the defensive core. I would like demelo to be back but I think that ship has sailed plus I have him as #4 after the aforementioned three defenceman. I feel like tanev could play a kuba type role with us so that is someone i want us to really target

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I just want someone who can provide some stability to the defensive core. I would like demelo to be back but I think that ship has sailed plus I have him as #4 after the aforementioned three defenceman. I feel like tanev could play a kuba type role with us so that is someone i want us to really target

Each year a few decent dman sign for close to league minimum. Del Zotto took $750 to play in ANA. California is a little more appealing than Ottberia but it depends how aggressive the Sens want to be.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I like Tanev a lot, but he is gonna cost a lot of money + term- probably 5 x 5 or more - and he's turning 31 this yr and is very injury prone. I think he would handicap us down the road and we aren't ready to contend, so his remaining years as a top 4 D will be largely wasted on us.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I like Tanev a lot, but he is gonna cost a lot of money + term- probably 5 x 5 or more - and he's turning 31 this yr and is very injury prone. I think he would handicap us down the road and we aren't ready to contend, so his remaining years as a top 4 D will be largely wasted on us.
Each year a few decent dman sign for close to league minimum. Del Zotto took $750 to play in ANA. California is a little more appealing than Ottberia but it depends how aggressive the Sens want to be.

If tanev wants a contract like that then I agree we should walk away. I listed three as the defenceman that I feel can be best fits and insulate our defense a little bit. Instead of us spending 3.5 million on Hainsey I rather try and get one of those defenceman who can actually insulate Wolanin/Zub/Bran from playing heavy minutes right away. Personally i rather try and overpay on of those defenceman and try and control the term

As for Del Zotto correct me if im wrong but wasnt he a bit of a lottery ticket(in terms of what his play was going to be) going into the season? While cheap i think we should be going for slightly more sure things if we are spending on FA's

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If tanev wants a contract like that then I agree we should walk away. I listed three as the defenceman that I feel can be best fits and insulate our defense a little bit. Instead of us spending 3.5 million on Hainsey I rather try and get one of those defenceman who can actually insulate Wolanin/Zub/Bran from playing heavy minutes right away. Personally i rather try and overpay on of those defenceman and try and control the term

As for Del Zotto correct me if im wrong but wasnt he a bit of a lottery ticket(in terms of what his play was going to be) going into the season? While cheap i think we should be going for slightly more sure things if we are spending on FA's

I’d like to know how much of Hainseys contract last year was “fair market value” vs “I want $$$$ to play for your brutal team in Ottberia”.

Reactions: DrEasy

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I’d like to know how much of Hainseys contract last year was “fair market value” vs “I want $$$$ to play for your brutal team in Ottberia”.

Thats a fair point. All im saying is if we are overpaying for a defenceman lets get someone that can contribute. They are going to be more expensive for sure but if we can limit the term to 3 years that would be great imo

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Thats a fair point. All im saying is if we are overpaying for a defenceman lets get someone that can contribute. They are going to be more expensive for sure but if we can limit the term to 3 years that would be great imo

I wish the Sens would use the cap space and target prime TDL assets.It feels like baseball does this a lot. Buy a free $14 million starting pitcher or closer to get you through the season and trade for top prospects at the TDl.

It is probably as close to weaponizing cap as EM would sign off on.

Last edited:

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Honestly I would prefer we didn't target Tanev... the guy is incredibly injury prone, to the point most Canucks fans expect him to get injured at some point. I live here, it is the reason most fans have wanted to move on from him and also the likely reason other teams have not made a more significant effort to pry him from the lowly Canucks over the last 4 seasons. Are we willing to shell out $5+ million AAV for the next 4+ years on an aging player who may only play 50-65 games? No thanks, not worth it.

And who knows, we may have a Tanev equivalent in Zub :naughty:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I wish the Sens would use the cap space and target prime TDL assets.It feels like baseball does this a lot. Buy a free $14 million starting pitcher or closer to get you through the season and trade for top prospects at the TDl.

It is probably as close to weaponizing cap as EM would sign off on.

weaponizing cap space would be the dream, especially over the next 2 years. If we could even get 1 offseason signing over the next 2 years that would mean at least 2 2nds or two firsts depending on the deadlines and the prices

Honestly I would prefer we didn't target Tanev... the guy is incredibly injury prone, to the point most Canucks fans expect him to get injured at some point. I live here, it is the reason most fans have wanted to move on from him and also the likely reason other teams have not made a more significant effort to pry him from the lowly Canucks over the last 4 seasons. Are we willing to shell out $5+ million AAV for the next 4+ years on an aging player who may only play 50-65 games? No thanks, not worth it.

And who knows, we may have a Tanev equivalent in Zub :naughty:

thats fair about tanev and hopefully thats what we get with zub

Reactions: Sweatred

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully Zub is closer to Zaitsev/Gavrikov as a player than guys like Lyubushkin/Marchenko/Kiselevich/Belov/Antipin

Not getting my hopes up though

Reactions: Cosmix

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I found this video on Youtube. It is a recording of the SKA vs Dinamo Riga game on November 3rd 2019. The audio is missing but it gives us a chance to see some extended footage of Artyom Zub, He wears number 2 in blue.

According to the game summary he had 24:27 in time on attack and was + 1
Game teams: SKA - Dinamo R : Kontinental Hockey League (KHL)

I will post any additional footage if I can find it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is it just me or does that look like it could be Karlsson's body on that picture?

Edit: different sponsors so it may not be him.

What do you mean by different sponsors, the Buaer gloves vs warrior? I was thinking red jersey vs teal was the first giveaway...:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->