Player Discussion Artyom Zub (D) [Page 4 Senators sign from KHL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think we know his floor at this point he can only really get better as he plays more games in this league .

His agent isn’t shy to talk about money what do you guys think it takes to secure an above average #4 right shot D. I think the only thing going in sens favour here is sample size.

3yrs 4.7m

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I think we know his floor at this point he can only really get better as he plays more games in this league .

His agent isn’t shy to talk about money what do you guys think it takes to secure an above average #4 right shot D. I think the only thing going in sens favour here is sample size.

3yrs 4.7m

That's way too much. Gavrikov got 3 years x 2.8m

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Thanks guys! Can he produce some points though?

Honestly, no. Zub likely will never be a stats guy. He's just a solid player.

Caveat, he's not seeing the most ice despite playing very well. If he gets used more, there could be more points but I'd wait until he starts getting top 4 minutes consistently.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I need hits, blocks and pims.

Seems your fantasy league is pretty deep with rosters, similar to leagues I play in.

Id look elsewhere as Zub doesn't give many of those categories, but if you are desperate, pick up Coburn if the Sens have an injury on D.

He seems to come in whenever one of the regulars goes out and he produces in those 3 categories.

Id pick up Brayden McNabb right now who is on IR and may return at some point. Near the top of the league last year in hits, PIM and BS. Maybe he is on the wire and someone forgot about him.

Cheers and good luck

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
The Sens need to start leaning on this guy a little more. He's got some games under his belt, so I think it's time to push his ice time up and see just how much he can handle.

Outside of Chabot (and thus Zaitsev), Smith balances out ice for the rest of the defence. I'd like to see Smith take a minute or two from the top pair and a couple of minutes from the bottom pair and push Zub up to 20 mins a game. That likely means more Reilly too but c'est la vie.

Zub isn't flashy but he's really getting things done during his shifts. Give him more time and see just how much he can handle.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
6 pts in 16 games and a +4 for the Man, the Myth, the Legend.

Add Olympic gold medalist to that list!

If they can wrap No Lube Zub to a 3 year, $10 M contract I will be happy. I like the type of player he is, his game transitioned well into the NHL as a defence first guy with sneaky offence. He has had a remarkable impact on the backend since he got included in the line up. Playing with Reilly, that's a testament.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Khabarovsk is not Siberia but Manchuria. A highly contested region between Chinese, Mongols, Koreans and Japanese and since 19 century - Russians.
Japanese claim the land as the birth place of their nation, the same do Koreans. All nations teach their kids in school that this is their ancestral lands. The last conflict between Russians and Chinese over this land was in the 1960s.
In 2004 Putin for some reason cut away a few dozen square kilometers of the land near Khabarovsk and gave it to China back. Nowadays a lot of Chinese nationals live in the city. The region was like a wild wild west, but instead of cowboys, Ukrainian Cossacks settled it. Zub's ancestry is probably from that rough cut of people. They had to deal with Siberian tigers, wild bears, wolves and everything in between. Local aboriginal tribes are great hunters. Dersu Uzala - Wikipedia One of them is immortalized by the greatest Japanese film director Akira Kurosawa.

region-portion-Manchuria-boundaries-provinces-place-Chinese.jpg

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Khabarovsk is not Siberia but Manchuria. A highly contested region between Chinese, Mongols, Koreans and Japanese and since 19 century - Russians.
Japanese claim the land as the birth place of their nation, the same do Koreans. All nations teach their kids in school that this is their ancestral lands. The last conflict between Russians and Chinese over this land was in the 1960s.
In 2004 Putin for some reason cut away a few dozen square kilometers of the land near Khabarovsk and gave it to China back. Nowadays a lot of Chinese nationals live in the city. The region was like a wild wild west, but instead of cowboys, Ukrainian Cossacks settled it. Zub's ancestry is probably from that rough cut of people. They had to deal with Siberian tigers, wild bears, wolves and everything in between. Local aboriginal tribes are great hunters. Dersu Uzala - Wikipedia One of them is immortalized by the greatest Japanese film director Akira Kurosawa.

Thanks for this. Interesting as hell.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Am I mistaken or did Russia encourage Russian settlement pretty much everywhere inside their current borders that isn't the traditional Russian "core"?

Reactions: Wondercarrot

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

After years of fending off rushing Siberian Tigers, Tyler Toffoli cutting up the middle ain't nothin'.

Zub has that mixed look. Makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad