Player Discussion Artyom Zub (D) [Page 4 Senators sign from KHL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lol, what a load of bull.

It’s this kind of argument you guys use to validate your uninformed opinions against those who are actually in the know, or even worse against words said to the contrary.

If your taking the words of the GM with a grain of salt, your personal opinion is the fat free alternative, not to be considered equally and without prejudice.

Nice try
So i guess when dorion said Boucher's job was safe the day before firing him, he was telling us the truth from the perspective of someone with access to more information, and not chosing carefully what to reveal publically?

Load of bull indead. Being open to a gm putting a PR spin on things isn't the fat free alternative, whatever you mean by that. Its using your damn brain and thinking for yourself. Being cognisant of the potential incentives at play and acknowleging he might not be telling the truth every time he opens his mouth is hardly something to be discouraged.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So i guess when dorion said Boucher's job was safe the day before firing him, he was telling us the truth from the perspective of someone with access to more information, and not chosing carefully what to reveal publically?

Load of bull indead. Being open to a gm putting a PR spin on things isn't the fat free alternative, whatever you mean by that. Its using your damn brain and thinking for yourself. Being cognisant of the potential incentives at play and acknowleging he might not be telling the truth every time he opens his mouth is hardly something to be discouraged.

I agree to an extent that Dorion , basically either going silent or not being truthful has muddied some pretty easy, rational, managerial takes.

He could have easily said, if asked, why Zub wasn't in the lineup. But I don't think anyone asked. I think DJ said they jjst waited for him to get comfrtable. Then, after the debut of Zub, Dorion mentioned that he was slow to get up to speed in camp.

Bran, completely understandable , if someone asked Dorion why he wasn't on the swing. He sat in a hotel room for 28 days and DJ said being on the tax squad wouldn't have been enough practice to be ready. Completely believable but poorly communicated by management.

I think that Dorion/DJ have handled the entries of Bran/Zub perfectly. I also think DJ got White's ear after a subpar game against the Leafs, scratched him, and now White is playing the best he ever has.

I just think Dorion is not communicating with confidence, and has not been handling whatever opportunities he has to fill in the fans

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I agree to an extent that Dorion , basically either going silent or not being truthful has muddied some pretty easy, rational, managerial takes.

He could have easily said, if asked, why Zub wasn't in the lineup. But I don't think anyone asked. I think DJ said they jjst waited for him to get comfrtable. Then, after the debut of Zub, Dorion mentioned that he was slow to get up to speed in camp.

Bran, completely understandable , if someone asked Dorion why he wasn't on the swing. He sat in a hotel room for 28 days and DJ said being on the tax squad wouldn't have been enough practice to be ready. Completely believable but poorly communicated by management.

I think that Dorion/DJ have handled the entries of Bran/Zub perfectly. I also think DJ got White's ear after a subpar game against the Leafs, scratched him, and now White is playing the best he ever has.

I just think Dorion is not communicating with confidence, and has not been handling whatever opportunities he has to fill in the fans

you wonder if Dorion had a POHO or another senior manager with experience (someone savy who Ottawa fans trusted like Bob Gainey / Daniel Alfredsson) who could do 1-2 big interviews during the season a year about the state of the team and lay out the plan and smooth over any community concerns (say at 20 game mark and All Star weekend) How far along the PR and media/community relations would be.

Dorion needs more support around him. He’s not perfect but he grinds for the team and I always think he’d be so much further along and be better represented if he had some more support and another name to do some of the community heavy lifting and another voice for the fans to hear: he does it all. He’s beeen the only consistent thing the team has had the last 5 years. He’s grinding, but has been media self-burned before and isn’t shy to talk to the media, but he’s learned to pick his spots better.

but could you imagine after the first 20 games of a season good or bad if it was Daniel Alfredsson in a $4000 suit, slick Alfie flow, Sens pin, those honest blue eyes giving us straight answers on Logan Brown, player development and the rebuild plan. It would be so helpful in so many ways it puzzles you as to why it hasn’t been done already

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
HaHa show me the money, not sure thats gonna go well with Pierre and Euge.

After he learns and adapts to the NHL this season, I can see him being a even bigger pain in the ass to play against next season, if we can agree to a contract and not trade him for asking for fair market value.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Didn’t they say he knows like 30 words now? :)

Unless they translate?
I saw on Twitter that he tried to answer in English, starting the interview with “Thank you very much I’m happy” and Dadanov translated the end of his interview,
But haven’t seen or heard it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad