Proposal: Arturri Lehkonen (839,166) for Nikita Zadorov (2,150,000)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Why? Z would be great next to Weber. Or anywhere in your D core.

I'm really not a fan of Zadorov. And I really don't think he's a fit for Weber, unless he's become more of an adventerous puck mover and skater than he's ever been at any stage of his career. He might work with Petry, but, again, I'm just not a fan of Zadorov.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
As a Habs fan, I would love to have Zadorov especially if the cost is Lehkonen. But I don't see any good reason why Avs would do that... Lehkonen is clearly establishing himself as a bottom 6 player with very good defensive awareness but no playmaking skills and can't finish plays. Zadorov, for sure will never be an offensive threat but he could definitely be a solid 4th defenceman very physical.

For me, no doubts that Zadorov is much more valuable than Lehkonen

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Zadorov, for sure will never be an offensive threat but he could definitely be a solid 4th defenceman very physical.

This is mostly a quip based on my personal opinion, but I really think a lot of people (Avs fans included) undersell Zadorov offensively. He's a big guy with a lot of offensive instincts and a good shot. I could see his offensive game climbing as he matures and learns the defensive game, hits his 400 games, etc. Actually, I think his offensive game is going to be his best quality (besides maybe his physical gifts), especially compared to this defensive game which is probably never going to exceed 2nd pairing abilities. He's too prone to taking an unmitigated risk to be a reliable stay at home defender and not gifted enough defensively to be a first pairing defender.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Would like to see Lehkonen traded, but don't see why we need Zadorov ? Is it so we can see the big hits from the backend again ?

Colorado passes either way.

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012
those statement just prove you don't follow the players

2016-17: 28 points in 73 games
2017-18: 21 points in 66 games
2018-19: 24 points in 60 games

How is he not a 30-point player, right now at least? Lol. Why must some fans feel entitled that the player from THEIR team is ALWAYS better in HF proposals, to the point of being in utter denial? It's not the end of the world if he's not the better player in a proposal lmfao

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If the Avs are stupid enough to move on from Zads for whatever dumb reason, they better get back more than this. Way more (regardless of whether objectively around the league he holds that kind of value or not. Otherwise you do not effing trade him)....

Reactions: Bender

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Yeah I’m not sure where he’s going with that. Unless he’s saying he’s more like a 20 point player since he has never reached the 30 points before lol.

His point was Lehkonen is way more than offensive production. He is a complete 200 ft player with tiredless forecheck.

He is the typical 3rd line player all coaches love because they don’t fear to use him on any situation.

Now if we are only looking at points, Lehkonen’s production is a bit underwhelming. But avs fans can’t say it is otherwise for Zadorov.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Because no way MTL trades away arguably their best prospect for a number 4/5 Dman straight up.

We would have to disagree then, because I don't see Colorado trading more than a 23/24 year old NHL D-man for a prospect. It really would make no sense for Colorado. I doubt that Colorado would even consider it straight up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad