Value of: Artturi Lekhonen

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Armia is RH wich we dont have any beside Gallagher & I still believe that Scherbak can have a better upside than Lekhonen. We have to sacrifice value to get value, we dont have nothing at LHD beside Mete. If we ever draft top 3 again I really doubt that we will draft Bryam or Broberg over Hughes,Newhook,Turcotte.

Scherbak has more offensive skill with the puck on his stick than Lehkonen but the entirety of his game including defensive play and transition lags behind. As a guy who doesn't carry the puck a lot but who is one of the most high volume shooters in the league, Lehkonen is perfectly suited to play on the right wing with a left shot. He would probably complement Domi perfectly.

I don't think he's an untouchable piece by any means, but if the Habs do want to trade him for a d, they should wait until after he has had a better year of shooting luck, not after one when he was snakebitten and shot just over half the percentage he shot the year before. Domi coincidentally is one of the best guys in the league at raising his teammates' shooting percentages. So if the Habs do for whatever reason see Lehkonen as the odd one out (which I don't think they do), the smart thing to do would be to play him on Domi's opposite wing for a season and THEN trade him.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad