Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
good on him, but Lehkonen has a hard time getting half of that...

yeah but he also has a hard time getting half the goals now too and we're saying that he CAN get up to 40-45 pts.

Byron's career goal totals are pretty much the same as his assist totals. Where's his passing?

You'd have to point me to the long list of players who get 20+ goals and stay in the single digits for assists. It's pretty standard that 20 goal guys get roughly 20 assists regardless of their playmaking abilities.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Lehkonen has been a slow starter for his 2 years in Montreal.
Last year, with an injury, things got even worst. When the playoffs were out of reach, he regained hi scoring touch and I'd be curious to have a look at his last quarter of the season stats. The year before, he was among the first few Habs who contributed offensively in the playoffs, Radulov getting 7 points in 6 games, and Lehkonen getting 2g 2a in 6 games, 2nd among Habs. He seems to be a volume shooter, and could score more if he got more ice-time, although he does shoot a lot!!

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Lehkonen has been a slow starter for his 2 years in Montreal.
Last year, with an injury, things got even worst. When the playoffs were out of reach, he regained hi scoring touch and I'd be curious to have a look at his last quarter of the season stats. The year before, he was among the first few Habs who contributed offensively in the playoffs, Radulov getting 7 points in 6 games, and Lehkonen getting 2g 2a in 6 games, 2nd among Habs. He seems to be a volume shooter, and could score more if he got more ice-time, although he does shoot a lot!!
He started off with 5 pts in 12 GP. Then 1 point in 22 GP. And then 15 pts in 32 GP.

Reactions: Fixxer

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
seems accurate. went.. 1 point in 22 gp. That why he looked like he was on fire by season's end with 15pts in 32games.
Concussion can be tough to recover from.
He did get more shots on goal than in his rookie season despite played 7 less games (more ice time though, 13:52 vs 16:29).

Reactions: Fixxer

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I hope he can take the next step. I think he has all the tools for the new NHL he just needs to put it together and bring consistency.

I also hope he gets a bigger role on the team and is tasked with being one of its young leaders.

Reactions: badbrains

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Second season in the NHL and America and injury is usually hard on any player. If he's stay healthy I think he gets to 40 pts. That will be very good on a garbage team.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
I think this guy will be most improved on the team this season. He should be given a larger role, pp time etc. He's a gamer, good shot, accurate usually. Gallagher-like puck pursuit instincts.

His sh% dropped in half last year from his rookie season, that's likely to average up.

I'd have no issue locking him up long term if he shows some improvement in his finishing and runs his point totals up a bit higher this season.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I worry that Lehkonen regressed under Julien, and that he may go from a promising offensive forward to a bust.

A year ago we were joking that he was the greatest Habs development success because he developed away from the Habs.

But he's since spent more time developing under the Habs, and his second season was a step backwards.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I worry that Lehkonen regressed under Julien, and that he may go from a promising offensive forward to a bust.

A year ago we were joking that he was the greatest Habs development success because he developed away from the Habs.

But he's since spent more time developing under the Habs, and his second season was a step backwards.

Injury, sophomore jinx, Team Titanic, and 7 goals in last 15 games. Don't panic yet.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Last year, he was shut down because he had a back injury. He was playing with it for a while before they shut him down. Which would explain why he had a slower start.

However, he still posed a threat offensively. He and Hudon had so many prime scoring opportunities they missed. They were both snake bitten. At this point, there is reason to believe they won't be as unlucky next season.

Also, in the second half of the year, when he was finally able to get over his back issues, he was scoring at the rate he was scoring the year before. He was a lot more productive.

After scoring 6 goals in his first 52 games, he scored 6 in 14 to end the season.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Despite the way the season went for Montreal last year, I think there were a lot of promising signs by the young kids towards the end. And should they start the season the way they ended it, this team will be in much better shape. Lehkonen falls in that category of the young players who finished on a high note and could help this team a lot if he can start on that high note.

If you take his 6 goals in his final 14 games, that is prorated to 35 goals in 82 games. But even if you prorate it to the 66 games he ended up playing due to injury, it's 28 goals in 66 games. Those goals could go a long way in making this team competitive.

I believe if Domi and Lehkonen play on the same line, Lehkonen will score a lot more goals.

Reactions: Redux91

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

If I'm not mistaken he had his best stretch under CJ in his rookie season.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I'm not worried about him, saw a lot of him in the SHL and still think he can be a good bit better, just needs to work on getting quicker and stronger. That said I don't fault anyone that struggles to produce when Pleks is their center. I don't know the official amount of ice time they were together but he's a black hole of offense and I feel as though Lehkonen is at his best when he has someone setting him up as he's got a very good shot or deflecting pucks from a big point shot which we mainly lost in Weber.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm not worried about him, saw a lot of him in the SHL and still think he can be a good bit better, just needs to work on getting quicker and stronger. That said I don't fault anyone that struggles to produce when Pleks is their center. I don't know the official amount of ice time they were together but he's a black hole of offense and I feel as though Lehkonen is at his best when he has someone setting him up as he's got a very good shot or deflecting pucks from a big point shot which we mainly lost in Weber.
19.3%GALLAGHER,BRENDAN - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - PLEKANEC,TOMAS
16.8%DE LA ROSE,JACOB - GALCHENYUK,ALEX - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
(Most common linemates)

4 pts25%DE LA ROSE,JACOB - GALCHENYUK,ALEX - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI
4 pts25%BYRON,PAUL - DROUIN,JONATHAN - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
(Production with)

Rookie season

15.2%BYRON,PAUL - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - PLEKANEC,TOMAS
11.1%LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - PLEKANEC,TOMAS - RADULOV,ALEXANDER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

4 pts17.4BYRON,PAUL - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - PLEKANEC,TOMAS
3 pts13GALCHENYUK,ALEX - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - SHAW,ANDREW
3 pts13DANAULT,PHILLIP - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - SHAW,ANDREW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Last season was miserable for alot of the guys on the team, including this guy.

I think Lehkonen has the ability to score 25ish goals consistently. He will be an interesting guy to watch going forward, to see if he's more of that guy we saw in the rookie year, or the sophomore year. It was really night and day for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->