Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I haven't watched a lot of Montreal games this season but i'm interested...is there any clear way to why he's not scoring at all? 18 goals last year, most of them pretty repeatable too....

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Lrhkonen's stats this season have been surprisingly disappointing for someone as talented. He lags even Hudon't. His two goals against Ottawa were overdue. I would caution against trading someone with his potential.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Lrhkonen's stats this season have been surprisingly disappointing for someone as talented. He lags even Hudon't. His two goals against Ottawa were overdue. I would caution against trading someone with his potential.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hudon ends up being the better player offensively, not just this year.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I haven't watched a lot of Montreal games this season but i'm interested...is there any clear way to why he's not scoring at all? 18 goals last year, most of them pretty repeatable too....

Missed many games from concussion, start of the season, the whole team struggled
He had a tough stretch since he is back.

Probably some sophomore slump.

He will get better hopefully

Reactions: Fixxer

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Really not sure what happened. Yes, he was injured but didn't look particularly good even before that. Last year he was able to fight himself into good scoring positions which he hasn't been able to do this year. He doesn't show up often to contribute offensively and whenever he does, he looks like he's trying to force plays. Confidence probably plays a role here and I hope the two goals yesterday help him turn it around. I wouldn't be too concerned since it's only his second year in the NHL but so far he's not been nearly the same player he was last year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No way is he getting traded, would be stupid to sell so low on him now when we have nothing to lose by holding onto him and seeing how it goes since it's not like we are going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not too worried about him yet, this year is a write off, next year hopefully he bounces back and has a much better season. Still think he will score 20+, hopefully with a good playmaker but he's also really good at deflecting pucks despite not really showing it in the NHL so far.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
No way is he getting traded, would be stupid to sell so low on him now when we have nothing to lose by holding onto him and seeing how it goes since it's not like we are going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not too worried about him yet, this year is a write off, next year hopefully he bounces back and has a much better season. Still think he will score 20+, hopefully with a good playmaker but he's also really good at deflecting pucks despite not really showing it in the NHL so far.

Trading anyone under 25 for anything less than a massive overpayment would be beyond incompetence...That being said Lekhonen for a grinder incoming...:sarcasm:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You can talk about his injury setbacks, but his switch didn't turn on until tbe 2 goal game against Ottawa. Ever since then, he's been a brand new player.

I was almost starting to wonder if he was a flash in the pan, but he just ended up taking forever to turn the swtitch on, like galchenyuk.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was almost starting to wonder if he was a flash in the pan, but he just ended up taking forever to turn the swtitch on, like galchenyuk.

I haven't been watching him but I wasn't worried as you never know what's going on with a player when they come back from a long injury, if it's still hampering them or if they are worried about pushing it. Then there's confidence issues, rust, getting their timing back. Some it may just take longer, especially with young inexperienced players. that said I just hope he does what I think he can in the coming years and be a very solid NHLer for us.

Jul 6, 2016
Lehkonen will be a solid middle-six, two-way forward, on RW or LW. He can score 15-20 goals on a regular basis. I don't expect more from him.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I think he'll end up as your 30-40 point 3rd line winger that can play up in your Top 6 during injuries. Hopefully in the future when we contend he can create a shutdown line with Danault as I think they'd work well together.

Reactions: Laurentide

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Was much better to finish the year, great shot and plays hard on both sides of the puck. 45 pts next year is my prediction

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Last 20 games had 7 goals and 3 assists for 10 points and +/- was 0. He is a finisher. Ended the year off well.

I see him as being able to be a 20-25 goal guy, about 40-45 points and play a good 2 way game. He needs to have a playmaker on his line, then could do a bit better.

We need a couple of the young guys from him, Scherbak and Hudon to be 20 goal players

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Last 20 games had 7 goals and 3 assists for 10 points and +/- was 0. He is a finisher. Ended the year off well.

I see him as being able to be a 20-25 goal guy, about 40-45 points and play a good 2 way game. He needs to have a playmaker on his line, then could do a bit better.

We need a couple of the young guys from him, Scherbak and Hudon to be 20 goal players
would need to work on his passing skills, cause right now he doesnt have any it seems.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Was much better to finish the year, great shot and plays hard on both sides of the puck. 45 pts next year is my prediction
Read same predictions last summer. Did not deliver. Lets see if he can reach personal best of 30 before looking for 40+. Streakiest player i can remember. Half his goals in 3 games. Arrival of a c with Drouin retturning at w plus Scherbak making it could relegate him to botoom 6 and even lower output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->