Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hard to believe he scored 18 goals as a rookie.

He showed a pretty good shot, and willingness to go to the net in his rookie year.

He still has that high rate work ethic, but that shot is not recognizable to me. How much is physical and how much is mental? After passing up that empty netter, we can probably conclude that mental is at least part of it.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I am not too worried about Lehkonen - he's a great defensive forward and he's got some skills. He's not a great finisher at the moment but he might hit his career high in points. He's not Bobby Orr but he is a good player.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He showed a pretty good shot, and willingness to go to the net in his rookie year.

He still has that high rate work ethic, but that shot is not recognizable to me. How much is physical and how much is mental? After passing up that empty netter, we can probably conclude that mental is at least part of it.

Gallagher gets the puck to the net. Maybe try him with Gallagher - and let Kotkaniemi get some games with Tatar:

Drouin Domi Shaw
Lehkonen Danault Gallagher
Tatar Kotkaniemi Byron
Hudon Thompson Armia

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm ready to move him. He just has to go. We've got enough "hardworkers" in our lineup. We need to add some skill really bad.

He's fine on the fourth line for now. Bring in another top 9 forward and he goes from being a disappointing top 9 guy, to a top tier 4th liner.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Kid has no confidence anymore. Time for him to regain it somewhere else.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kid has no confidence anymore. Time for him to regain it somewhere else.

you don't need to trade him just cause he's lost his confidence and slumping. Think about how pissed fans would be if he ends up a 40 pt RW in a year or two, you know fans on this board would be roasting MB for trading him too soon. It's not like the Habs are going anywhere this year. Might as well give him a game or two off, and then try him at RW, tell him to work on getting stronger, quicker this summer and hope that he rebounds next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
you don't need to trade him just cause he's lost his confidence and slumping. Think about how pissed fans would be if he ends up a 40 pt RW in a year or two, you know fans on this board would be roasting MB for trading him too soon. It's not like the Habs are going anywhere this year. Might as well give him a game or two off, and then try him at RW, tell him to work on getting stronger, quicker this summer and hope that he rebounds next year.

You don't do it because he's slumping. You do it because in a trade, you have to give to receive. Nobody is giving him for a 7th rounder. If you want to get a Kreider and somehow the Rangers want a roster player, tell me who you are giving? You are giving him 'cause he's the most expendable while having surely some kind of value. I'd give Drouin ahead of him. But I think most teams would/should/will get away as fare as they can from that kind of player. So if not Drouin or Lehkoknen, tell me which roster player we could do without? Sure, Lehkonen could rebound as I would expect him to do.....but the player we should be getting is not scheduled to be a 4th liner either.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He needs a change of scenery. I think he’s just put too much pressure on himself here. It’s not happening, and he seems to be getting worse by the game.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
While I am meh on him this year, he still is a valuable member of the team. Whether he stays or is moved, he is an NHL player for many years to come.

Reactions: montreal

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He needs a change of scenery. I think he’s just put too much pressure on himself here. It’s not happening, and he seems to be getting worse by the game.

He just needs to relax and play his game. He'll be good on the 4th line.

I just don't want him playing with Armia anymore. Two of the same type of player - they really shouldn't be on the same line together.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He just needs to relax and play his game. He'll be good on the 4th line.

I just don't want him playing with Armia anymore. Two of the same type of player - they really shouldn't be on the same line together.
Armia is miles better than Lehkonen in every capacity.

Reactions: HKbleu

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I dont mind if hes traded, but not for garbage. He has upside. So does Juulsen and both, if theyre traded, should dealt for a core player. Ideally a LD or a scoring forward. Juulsen is likely going to be expendable with Weber and Petry, and Brook in the pipeline.

In an ideal world, we'd sign Stone and add that LD through a trade this summer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Armia is miles better than Lehkonen in every capacity.

Except actual production, where he's behind Lehkonen.

We'll see where Lehkonen is in 2 years, when he's Armia's age.

At any rate to me it's crystal clear they both shouldn't be playing with each other.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Except actual production, where he's behind Lehkonen.

We'll see where Lehkonen is in 2 years, when he's Armia's age.
The way he’s regressing. Finland will be my guess
It’s a contract year and he’s hasn’t scored in 25 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->