Artturi Lehkonen vs. Connor Brown

Lehkonen or Brown?

• Total voters

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Both third year NHLers with similar stat lines. Both had a great rookie year, then dropped off a bit in their sophomore ones. Who's the better player, all things considered, right now and going forward? Lehkonen has a slight edge for age but Brown has stayed healthier.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Leafs fan saying Lehkonen with a very slight edge. They are both effective players who always bring hard work and effort night in and night out. Personally I think Brown is a bit overrated because of his 20 goal season. I see him more as a 15 goal 20 assist 3rd line winger for the future. I do love the fact that Brown was such an underdog and made it to the show.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Connor Brown does have a 20 goal rookie season on his resume and his 20th goal was the GWG when they clinched their playoff spot in 2017. So if he can get to that number again it's not bad for someone playing on the Leafs 3rd line.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'll keep Lehk . Lehk was only 7 pts less while playing 16 less games on a bad team. Brown had a good rookie season and has since gone downhill.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think Brown has regressed after a good first season. He’s still a decent player but that 20 goals looks like an anomaly. Lehkonen looks like the better player now by a fair bit.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Leafs fan. I'm not sure who's better at the moment, but I'd take Lehkonen going forward. Brown is decent, but he strikes me as a player who doesn't have much room for improvement. He just comes across as a very vanilla player (basically another Bozak type).

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Lehkonen slight edge. Got to love guys who have skill but first and foremost compete hard every night. If your team has success in the playoffs it's players like him who usually step up and provide those big goals behind the top guys. I remember him doing that for Finns in WJC when they won the gold, scored 11 in 16 in the playoffs in his last year in Sweden, and even in 16-17 with the Habs he had 4 pts in 6 games when they struggled to score quite a bit. Loves to go to the dirty areas despite his smaller stature.

Not saying Brown can't score or compete hard, but i think Lehkonen has a bit better offensive skillset that we've yet to see fully come out. Nice to see him getting off to a good start with Domi and Byron.

I guess im more confident in Lehkonen improving his totals than Brown over the next 5 years.

But i mean, in the big picture probably doesn't affect your team much which one of these two guys you have.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Leafs fan. I'm not sure who's better at the moment, but I'd take Lehkonen going forward. Brown is decent, but he strikes me as a player who doesn't have much room for improvement. He just comes across as a very vanilla player (basically another Bozak type).

Better defence though.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Lehkonen, I like his upside more and I think he'll crack 20 goals this year after a rough sophomore season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad