Confirmed with Link: Artturi Lehkonen signed for 2 years (2.4M AAV)

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
If Lehkonen can get some solid offense going, he could easily become an important player like Gallagher. I love his speed skating and puck handling, makes him a great "2-way" winger with no offensive production. I haven't given up on him yet, because you can clearly see he has more talent and effort than DeLaRose.

They are very different yet similar players; great defensively but both choked in the offensive side of the game. I don't want this to happen to Lehkonen he's a better player than DLR

Reactions: Redux91

cashinstinct

Cash is King
Jul 2, 2014
I did have a dream that he was traded for a 2nd and 4th round pick just after he signed. Seemed so real in my dream.

When I woke up, I was surprised he is still with the team.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'm wondering what purpose is served in getting rid of Lehkonen if he doesn't increase his goals output?

When did i say we should get rid of Lehkonen if he doesn't "increase his goals output"? Can you pls quote that statement?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
About 4.9 plus a couple of million i think if Alzner and Weise get sent down,these are low risk signings and if they moderately produce they can be good trading assets. With the crop of prospects knocking on the door I think this will motivate both players.i don't think Bergeven is done, keep an eye out in Sept when teams with cap issues or players that just need a change of scenery finalize their rosters.
Alzner, Weise, and Peca I expect to be sent down. But Juulsen replaces Alzner.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
When did i say we should get rid of Lehkonen if he doesn't "increase his goals output"? Can you pls quote that statement?
You said that unless he met your expectations of significantly improving his offensive output, it would be a "disaster" for some reason. Why bother keeping a player on the roster who performs "disastrously"?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
You said that unless he met your expectations of significantly improving his offensive output, it would be a "disaster" for some reason. Why bother keeping a player on the roster who performs "disastrously"?

A disaster for him personally as a player because he has the ability to score 20 a season even whilst playing in a defensive role. He's been under-performing in recent years relative to his play. He's playing well, just not finishing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad