Confirmed with Link: Artturi Lehkonen signed for 2 years (2.4M AAV)

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
With these two latest signings how much cap space do the Habs have left?
About 4.9 plus a couple of million i think if Alzner and Weise get sent down,these are low risk signings and if they moderately produce they can be good trading assets. With the crop of prospects knocking on the door I think this will motivate both players.i don't think Bergeven is done, keep an eye out in Sept when teams with cap issues or players that just need a change of scenery finalize their rosters.

Reactions: scrubadam

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Shaw out.

Poehling in.

If he pans out, he might be as productive as Shaw, maybe even more.

Let's temper expectations a bit, here.

Shaw produced at a 60 point pace last year, and did the dirty work. Poehling is not even garaunteed a spot, and even if he does make it, do you really think it's reasonable that he will produce at that rate, especially as a rookie?

Man, the expectations on this kid have really gone out of whack because of his debut game.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
PREDICTABLE FACTS

happy ?
Wait, you actually think Thompson, Couzins and Weal are all ahead of Lehkonen in the line-up?

Also saying any team is worse or better than the previous year has become a very unpredictable statement.

The league has changed in MANY ways in the past years and continues to do so.

Every year we have a lot of over-achiever and under-achiever teams and it’s bound to follow on that tendency in the next years.

Everyone on HF last summer were CERTAIN Mtl would be in the race for Hughes.

LA and ANA were still supposed to be powerhouses also.

The game is changing.

Nothing is predictable.

For all I know, Ottawa might have a deep run in the playoffs next season.

Last edited:

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Wait, you actually think Thompson, Couzins and Weal are all ahead of Lehkonen in the line-up?

Also saying any team is worse or better than the previous year has become a very unpredictable statement.

The league has changed in MANY ways in the past years and continues to do so.

Every year we have a lot of over-achiever and under-achiever teams and it’s bound to follow on that tendency in the next years.

Everyone on HF last summer were CERTAIN Mtl would be in the race for Hughes.

LA and ANA were still supposed to be powerhouses also.

The game is changing.

Nothing is predictable.

For all I know, Ottawa might have a deep run in the playoffs next season.

all i know is we probably got worse onD
we lost on offense
and most all players had record years last season..and they need to repeat at minimum
and 3-4 other teams in division got better
except CBJ

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
In my mind, he is one of the players most vulnerable to rookies, even if he plays a 200 foot game. His offensive talent strikes me as microscopic, in relation to what I envision Poehling and Suzuki bringing. At the very least, he should be exposed at the Seattle expansion draft.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
I've gotta ask as I've red this so many times. Is Lehkonen unpopular or just ok in Montreal? Is it a meme, or is he bad, or a little bit of both? I know he's not the best or the worst, I guess. Haven't seen him play that much.

As for Armia (sorry, this is not his thread), I think he's awesome for any team in a role. Lehkonen, I have no idea. That's why I'm asking. Though same nationality, Lehkonen is one of those I haven't followed at all.

Thanks.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I've gotta ask as I've red this so many times. Is Lehkonen unpopular or just ok in Montreal? Is it a meme, or is he bad, or a little bit of both? I know he's not the best or the worst, I guess. Haven't seen him play that much.

As for Armia (sorry, this is not his thread), I think he's awesome for any team in a role. Lehkonen, I have no idea. That's why I'm asking. Though same nationality, Lehkonen is one of those I haven't followed at all.

Thanks.
Lehky is a very good player. I think people here expected him to be a good goal scorer after his first season and he's come up short in that regard. Still, he plays a complete game, he's low maintenance and when paired up with a guy like Domi, he can contribute offensively. I think he'll have a breakout season this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like Lehkonen. If he doesn't start producing points though this might be his last signature in MTL.

he had a career high in points and that was with a major slump, 30+ pts for a 3rd liner is solid. Better then Eller did here and he was/is loved by many around here.

It's there, look at the top. It's cap friendly, it's automatically counted.

Buyouts

• Steve Mason: $1,366,667
Buried

• Matthew Peca: $225,000 ($1,300,000)
  • Karl Alzner: $3,550,000 ($4,625,000)
  • Dale Weise: $1,275,000 ($2,350,000)
  • Mike Reilly: $425,000 ($1,500,000)

i missed was you had Reilly in Laval and assumed you forgot the buyout since I didn't see it.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
he had a career high in points and that was with a major slump, 30+ pts for a 3rd liner is solid. Better then Eller did here and he was/is loved by many around here.

i missed was you had Reilly in Laval and assumed you forgot the buyout since I didn't see it.
Consistency is the main issue for him. Having him play with Domi and Drouin will certainly give him confidence in the offensive zone

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
With that contract i could see the Habs not protecting him and Seattle snatching him off our hands at the expansion draft next year. Wouldn't surprise me

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Nope.

He’s not a unidimensional player.

Production will dictate the terms of his next contract, of course, but he’s still useful at his current pace.

We'll see - I like him but the Habs need will need to qualify him at 2.4 million so... it all depends on his production for the next two seasons.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Lehkonen played two yrs. in the Finnish League then two yrs. in SHL Frolunda, and had a breakout in the playoffs his 2nd year matching Daniel Alfredsson's scoring record. He has now had three yrs. with the Habs without playoffs, I for one expect Arturri to have a breakout season of sorts, the goals will come this season is my expectation, in the playoffs he will shine as one of the Habs diamonds in the rough going. Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lehkonen played two yrs. in the Finnish League then two yrs. in SHL Frolunda, and had a breakout in the playoffs his 2nd year matching Daniel Alfredsson's scoring record. He has now had three yrs. with the Habs without playoffs, I for one expect Arturri to have a breakout season of sorts, the goals will come this season is my expectation, in the playoffs he will shine as one of the Habs diamonds in the rough going. Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

It depends on who he plays with.

I hope Julien does a better job with the lines. Lehkonen-Kk-Armia did nothing offensively and were left together too long.

Lehkonen is good with Byron and last year was with Domi and Shaw. Hope they find a good replacement for shaw.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Anything under 20 goals would be a disaster season for him, I'm expecting 22 goals from him. :]

It really depends on the ice-time , we have a lot of forwards...

The way I see it turning out (not to start the season but later on):

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Poehling
Armia - Kotkaniemi - Lekhonen
Byron - Cousins - Weal

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Chiarot - Juulsen
Reilly/Folin

Price
Kinkaid

Reactions: ForeverHabs97