Article: Rangers and Alexander Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Do you know what would happen if Ovechkin went to the Rangers? D-E-A-T-H. He would be destroyed. Imagine an 18 year old kid who gets influenced by the likes of Eric Lindros and Jaromir Jagr. He would never come out of that alive.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
Do you know what would happen if Ovechkin went to the Rangers? D-E-A-T-H. He would be destroyed. Imagine an 18 year old kid who gets influenced by the likes of Eric Lindros and Jaromir Jagr. He would never come out of that alive.
well for starters lindros is a ufa and jagr hello??? did i miss something or is jagr another theo fleury?? you seem to open your mouth a lot usually spouting uninformative information... not a good thing

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
in the hall said:
well for starters lindros is a ufa and jagr hello??? did i miss something or is jagr another theo fleury?? you seem to open your mouth a lot usually spouting uninformative information... not a good thing

Jagr isn't on Fleury's level, but is damn close.

The term clubhouse cancer is thrown around too often nowadays, but Jagr still is one of the biggest clubhouse cancers in sports.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Jagr isn't on Fleury's level, but is damn close.

The term clubhouse cancer is thrown around too often nowadays, but Jagr still is one of the biggest clubhouse cancers in sports.
jagr was a lazy sack in washington and did cause problems same for lindros in philly but tell me since joining the rangers have either done one single thing that you could term them cancer like...if you claim they have please.... PLEASE provide some sort of source... they are happy where they are just like jagr back in his earlier pitt days.. would you say he was a cancer then as well???

honestly i cant understand for the life of me all this ranger hatred on this forum.. unbelievable... it is one thing to dislike the players they already have it is another to start to say the organization will ruin a career of a player not even in the nhl

amazing but then i have to remember it is just a kid making outlandish comments fortunately not someone that makes decisions in the nhl world (im not talking about you handsom)

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sorry, I thought putting up with a guy for 11 years might mean a bit more than knowing a guy for 22 games.

Jagr was always a cancer in Pittsburgh. He was never a fan favorite, his coaches hated him, and his teammates despised him.

Jagr is an ass, about as big of one as you'll ever meet. And I know this from personal experience.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Sorry, I thought putting up with a guy for 11 years might mean a bit more than knowing a guy for 22 games.

Jagr was always a cancer in Pittsburgh. He was never a fan favorite, his coaches hated him, and his teammates despised him.
as i asked to appease myself please show me something, anything that would indicate that.. aside from his washington days and his ending years in pittsburgh i do not recall any time where jagr was even remotely close to as bad as youre making it seem and yes your 11 years as a home town fan does have good insight but my 18 years as a fan of hockey has read numerous stories about lindros, fleury, even the great lemieux, and such as being giant egos and cancers yet i dont recall any of jagr.. yes you would have better insight then i would but thats not to say i wouldnt have any at all.. if this were in fact true i am sure i would have heard something about it before back in the days when pitt was the story of the nhl

Jagr is an ass, about as big of one as you'll ever meet. And I know this from personal experience.
there isnt a chance you would a tad bitter now would there....

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Jagr and Lindros are prima donnas. That's known fact. Jagr is a loser. He has so much talent, if only he'd use it. He use to be one of the best. Then he cut his hair and lost himself. He doesn't know who he is anymore. He is lazy. If Ovechkin gets in with that crowd.....
Everybody knows the Rangers are lazy. They have the highest payroll in the League and many big names but they just can't buy a win. Because they don't work hard. "Hard work can beat talent when talent doesn't work hard."

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
whatever Mr. Big Shot.

You enjoy your angel face Jagr.

You'll come to your senses soon enough.
11 goals in 22 games i certainly will :handclap:

i take it you wont be providing a source??

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Why should I?

It's f'n common knowledge, ask any Pens or Caps fan. I don't feel like looking through 4 year old Post-Gazettes.

I'm not questioning his talent, he's an amazing player and definetly has the most skills of anyone in the league today, but I am questioning his attitude.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
Jagr and Lindros are prima donnas. That's known fact. Jagr is a loser. He has so much talent, if only he'd use it. He use to be one of the best. Then he cut his hair and lost himself. He doesn't know who he is anymore. He is lazy. If Ovechkin gets in with that crowd.....
Everybody knows the Rangers are lazy. They have the highest payroll in the League and many big names but they just can't buy a win. Because they don't work hard. "Hard work can beat talent when talent doesn't work hard."
rangers current payroll is 42 mill which is no where near the highest in the nhl.. i think you are confusing the rangers before they dismantled with the new look rangers which is conformed of a bunch of kids who are auditioning at 110% effort to prove they are nhl worthy..

Last edited:

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Why should I?

It's f'n common knowledge, ask any Pens or Caps fan. I don't feel like looking through 4 year old Post-Gazettes.

I'm not questioning his talent, he's an amazing player and definetly has the most skills of anyone in the league today, but I am questioning his attitude.
that is irrelevant to this topic.. we are talking about his personality in his early pitt days prior to the time where he was to be traded so cap fans imput and his level of talent wont be of much use to this discussion

if it is so blatently obvious then why is it so difficult for you to provide one stinking source.. you can act like you dont want to but you are making such a great effort to drill it into my head, surely if you could provide the one thing that would convince me im sure you would have already

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
Jagr leaves Pens- "Thank God, finally."

Alexei Kovalev leaves Pens- "Oh man, we'll sure miss him., =( Here's to hoping he comes back some day!"

See that difference there? Jagr was an ass, Kovalev was a fan favorite. We were happy to see one go, the other not so much.

Jagr's only nice to you if you're standing behind a Baccarat table.

Ric Flair

Feb 27, 2002
Stylin and Profilin
www.surfrider.org
Why should I?

I'm a pens fan and aside from his last season or two here I have no idea where you are coming from. He constantly was making great plays, scoring great goals etc. Nobody hated him back then. Some yinzers just don't now how to accept a player leaving da burgh. Barry Bonds gets booed like crazy when he comes here and like Jagr he's one of the best if not the best in his sport. This city is more concerned with quotes in the paper rather than the product on the ice/field/etc. That's why Bettis is still with da stillerz, he is fat, old and slow but people like him.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Spooner said:
Jagr leaves Pens- "Thank God, finally."

Alexei Kovalev leaves Pens- "Oh man, we'll sure miss him., =( Here's to hoping he comes back some day!"

See that difference there? Jagr was an ass, Kovalev was a fan favorite. We were happy to see one go, the other not so much.

Jagr's only nice to you if you're standing behind a Baccarat table.
well geeze i would expect that considering jagr left on bad terms..

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
Bettis took a 4 mil paycut to stay with his old team and give them a better chance of signing FA's and winning a Super Bowl.

Jagr demanded a trade.

OMG THEIR SOOO COMPARIBLE!!!11

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Hopefully ovechkin won't go to the Rangers, but for them a good pick could be Schremp. It seems this kid is the cookie primadonna they lack.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
George Harrison said:
I'm a pens fan and aside from his last season or two here I have no idea where you are coming from. He constantly was making great plays, scoring great goals etc. Nobody hated him back then. Some yinzers just don't now how to accept a player leaving da burgh.
that is the impression i am getting granted as i stated above.. jagr did leave on bad terms so it is expected however i do not understand where this jagr was a cancer stemming back to his early pitt days comes from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad