TSN: Article on the Blues (Scott Cullen)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I like when its dumbed down :)

I'm still torn on adding another high quality 3rd liner or giving jaskin/mps a chance

The noobs are working out well for LA

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Cool write up. I really like the TSN rankings. They show me pretty much exactly what I'd expect to see. Our top 6 is pretty solid, but with few elite players, while our bottom 6 is mainly replacement level guys. (That ranking system is a prime statistic as to why I don't want Steve Ott resigned, the guy's a replacement level player making 3 million. Ditto for Berglund)

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I love the comment that says we should trade Shattenkirk and Tarasenko for Spezza. Pretty good article though

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
TSN's offseason game plan is a must read. I can also side with Capgeeks signing of local product Vitale and obtaining Spezza.

I'd rather trade Jaskin over Rattie, and I don't see a need to dump Cole in order to re-sign Colaiacovo.

I am on board with trading Berglund and futures for Spezza, letting Morrow and Ott walk, and having a bit of cap flexibility next trade deadline.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I'd rather trade Jaskin over Rattie, and I don't see a need to dump Cole in order to re-sign Colaiacovo.

I am on board with trading Berglund and futures for Spezza, letting Morrow and Ott walk, and having a bit of cap flexibility next trade deadline.

Cola, and Cole lol . I think you now can classify Cole as a 1st round bust and it's time for the Blues to move on from Cole and Cola as well.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Being a quality 3rd pairing guy that can still develop into a 2nd pairing is not a bust.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm confused by this:
Needs: Two top nine forwards, depth forwards, depth defence, backup goaltender.
Well we probably do need to sign a veteran for Chicago who can step in as a backup if Elliott or Allen gets injured.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In the goalie section, he clearly talks about how Elliott and Allen will be the 2, so I think the intention was a #3. Maybe signing Dubnyk with the intention of him splitting time with Binnington in Chicago. He could be a similar reclamation project to Elliott.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Cola, and Cole lol . I think you now can classify Cole as a 1st round bust and it's time for the Blues to move on from Cole and Cola as well.

I wouldn't call Cole a bust at all. He looked really good, but it was just a log jam back there on the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad