Article on Al Montoya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Wow, thanks for posting, Rabid.

Being Cuban, it's very cool to learn of Montoya's heritage. I've been following him since he was with the NTDP, but I didn't know he was Cuban.

Hopefully he'll be the first one of us to reach the NHL.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
Wow, thanks for posting, Rabid.

Being Cuban, it's very cool to learn of Montoya's heritage. I've been following him since he was with the NTDP, but I didn't know he was Cuban.

Hopefully he'll be the first one of us to reach the NHL.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought you in particular would like to read the article. The face of USA Hockey is becoming more and more diverse, and that's a good thing. I hope there are more stories like his (and Gerald Coleman's).

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought you in particular would like to read the article. The face of USA Hockey is becoming more and more diverse, and that's a good thing. I hope there are more stories like his (and Gerald Coleman's).

There will be. With more and more minorities coming up in hockey, like Stewart, Belle, Coleman, Montoya, Dawes, etc. there'll be more players for minorities to look up to. Especially as hockey grows in the U.S.

I just hope Montoya doesn't get drafted by the Rangers, or else I may have to start rooting against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->