TSN: Article "How do the NHL's No. 1 lines stack up?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Frank Seravalli, TSN, has each team's #1 line rankings.

http://www.tsn.ca/how-do-the-nhl-s-no-1-lines-stack-up-1.873321

When you read thru, some lines are really stacked. Some #1 's have new additions, like

Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson (I watch a lot of BJ's hockey and am intrigued by how good this line can be)
Benn-Seguin-Radulov - I think will do some damage...
Forsberg-Johansan -Arvidsson- should play some sweet music for Nashville.

Kopitar's line was ranked 27th..

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Kopi may be our #1 center, but does he really center our #1 line? Guarantee the Carter line scores more goals this year.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
The Kings effectively have two first lines, or two second lines, depending on how you look at it. At the end of the season, there's a good chance Kopitar has more points than Carter. If you totaled the number of points from Cammalleri-Kopitar-Brown and from Pearson-Carter-Toffoli, the 70's Line will probably have more points. If your #1 center is the top point producer, that's probably still Kopitar. If your #1 center is the center of the line with the highest offensive output, Carter's your man.

Having two #1 centers is not really a bad problem to have, really. There's maybe a handful of teams in the league that have a 1-2 punch this good.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
When was the last time we had a good top line though? It’s always been Kopitar and whoever we pulled off the street.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Kopi may be our #1 center, but does he really center our #1 line? Guarantee the Carter line scores more goals this year.

No he doesn't. And Stevens should have put TT up there with him or Pearson. That way the top lines would be more balanced. Top line is too easy to shut down, Kopi is playing with 2 3rd liners, hard working and all but not top line skill.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I've always thought that it be easy for the FO to notice that AK-TT and JC-TP play the best together??? add DB-JC as well since DB was pretty effective on that pairing last season.
Cammy-Kopitar-Toffoli
Pearson-Carter-Brown
seems a lot more balanced, especially if Muzzin regains his game and helps initiate the offense.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kopitar line has never been sexy on paper.

It just spent a decade annihilating matchups. But if you don't have a guy breaking 80 points, they'll look down on you.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
If Iafallo sparks up into mini Pearson then we could have one per line. Brown Carter Pearson and Iafallo Kopitar Toffoli.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kopitar line has never been sexy on paper.

It just spent a decade annihilating matchups. But if you don't have a guy breaking 80 points, they'll look down on you.

During the 2013-14 season the Brown - Kopitar - Williams line was called the best line in hockey by many pundits. People recognized what that line was doing to opponents as far as possession time and wearing the other team down. Kopitar's line is not anywhere near the top of the list today for obvious reasons, and I am not sure putting him between Toffoli and Pearson would make it much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad