Arthur Staple Q&A on Eclipse Day (AKA Shedding of Darkness Over NYI Day)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
And even if he does re-sign management will certainly NOT get the pieces needed to become a formidable franchise of relevance.

Replace "management" with "snow" so we all know who we're talking about and then I agree with you.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Fairfield County guy here, we have been told for years that some of the water in our reservoirs go to the City. Our water generally tastes good, but I bet the pipes can ruin the taste-in some places here it will turn your stomach.

Fairfield Ct? No kidding. NYC pulls water from a few spots - didn't know about that one, but mot of it is from the Catskill-Delaware system. You might feed the Bronx. If so they are lucky. That's a long way to pull water though. Fairfield isn't next door.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Are we gonna wait right until the very end to see if there is any news on the arena? I mean, is the team gonna wait until June 30th for news before they give up on JT or are we going to make a decision and get something out of this instead of letting JT walk.

Again, this is a business which needs to move forward. I was recently thinking...maybe we can do a deal involving JT and Eichel? This is if JT wants to go. Both have question marks on their contract negotiations and believe that other than age, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the career that Eichel can have vs JT's career.

or am I way off on this thinking?

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Are we gonna wait right until the very end to see if there is any news on the arena? I mean, is the team gonna wait until June 30th for news before they give up on JT or are we going to make a decision and get something out of this instead of letting JT walk.

Again, this is a business which needs to move forward. I was recently thinking...maybe we can do a deal involving JT and Eichel? This is if JT wants to go. Both have question marks on their contract negotiations and believe that other than age, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the career that Eichel can have vs JT's career.

I'm a huge Tavares fan, but this definitely has my attention.

JT can go back and play with Moulson and KO

Eichel is a younger and basically same type of player

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I think you're way off.

Eichel is much more valuable to Buffalo than Tavares is.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I think you're way off.

Eichel is much more valuable to Buffalo than Tavares is.

Not to mention why would Eichel choose NYI over Buffalo? They already fired the coach for him, so I can't imagine him wanting to leave a place he has that much control over a come to a place that has arena questions.

If the Isles trade JT it will HAVE to be for somebody with term because when you have a guy that's said from early on he wants to win here, and then bolts, you need somebody with term.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Not to mention why would Eichel choose NYI over Buffalo? They already fired the coach for him, so I can't imagine him wanting to leave a place he has that much control over a come to a place that has arena questions.

Garth will reassemble the line he played on in Pee-Wee hockey for him?

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

why would BUF trade Eichel? Would the Isles have traded a young superstar in JT in 2010, at 20, with all the promise and draft choices and youth? It's like trading Spezza and Chara for Yashin - you'd have to be a complete moron for making such a move. ;)

You're overthinking it.

If Brisson/Tavares don't want to be on Long Island I'm sure they would have already shared that intent with Garth, but you can't trade Tavares for 1) he's got a No Move in his contract this year. 2) You'll never get the value back, especially not with the talent/leadership/identity that John provides. It's starting over for this franchise.

They've got to get him re-signed. Period.

hb6947

Hooked Since '78
Nov 18, 2003
Bellmore, NY

I brought this up back in July. The response wan't good.

I still list it as my possible submissions in the "bold prediction" thread

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I brought this up back in July. The response wan't good.

I still list it as my possible submissions in the "bold prediction" thread

its delusional. Theres nothing we can do that involves losing JT and simultaneously not being totally screwed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad