Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rovad

Aug 27, 2018
Borscht is actually the Ukrainian national dish, but I'm sure Panarin likes it also.
Not true,there diffrent types of borsch and you can easily distinguish between russian and ukrainian versions.It's a common for east slavs soup.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
As someone who lost a bunch of weight and is now trying to gain muscle I was struck by how skinny he was. Do you guys think it's just his body type or is it by design to keep his speed and agility?

Reactions: will1066

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think I heard they dropped the "the". I never use it it makes them sound very small time.

Well, long story short: The Ukraine is the name from the Soviet era, meaning "the borderlands". When they gained independence they dropped it, but in other languages they still use the old name. Same with The Netherlands, which means the lower lands, and stems from an era where it was a combination of several nations In Germanic languages changed (Nederland, Niederlande), but not in other languages (Les Pays Bas, The Netherlands, Los Países Bajos, I Paesi Bassi).

Historically, it takes longer for these things to change in other languages

Last edited:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
As someone who lost a bunch of weight and is now trying to gain muscle I was struck by how skinny he was. Do you guys think it's just his body type or is it by design to keep his speed and agility?

A couple of days ago, someone posted a pic of him with Vasy and Kuch down in Florida, on the beach playing volleyball. He didn't seem that small compared with the other two, and he was pretty cut. Quads were huge. Maybe that pic is older or that he's currently in his offseason body.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Panarin is far from skinny. He doesn't have a big build but that doesn't make him skinny. If you've seen him at the beach he's pretty yoked.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina

He looks like he's in decent shape here

Attachments

• panarin_jacked.jpg
    panarin_jacked.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 18

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I know we are in cap purgatory now but the more it settles in that Artemi Panarin is a Ranger, the more excited I get.

This kid could put up 90 points. That doesnt happen for a Ranger. Then you think, shit - we got Kappo too. Unreal.

I dont want this summer to end.

Reactions: haveandare

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Something else to blame on us Jews.

The fun part is on the same site there is a "ukrainian borsch" too. So obviously both spellings coexist somehow.

But wait for the real big one. Did you know that famous grandpa's of Artemi last name is Levin? So much for blaming it on the jews:laugh:

Seems like Parnarin is right at home in NYC.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
English has "silent" letters. It is not a purely phonetic language.

It has to with character representations of sub-lingual syllables.

Ex. Knife
I don't think there a purely phonetic language(except Belorissian:)). Russian has silent letters too(and they probably bug the hell out of foreigners learning Russian). I just don't see a connection or explanation forvthat one. Why going with that "t"? But whatever. As long as people might accept it as silent;)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well, long story short: The Ukraine is the name from the Soviet era, meaning "the borderlands". When they gained independence they dropped it, but in other languages they still use the old name. Same with The Netherlands, which means the lower lands, and stems from an era where it was a combination of several nations In Germanic languages changed (Nederland, Niederlande), but not in other languages (Les Pays Bas, The Netherlands, Los Países Bajos, I Paesi Bassi).

Historically, it takes longer for these things to change in other languages

Ukraine or Ukraina comes from the word "kray" which means edge or border. That said there is no Russian (and probably Ukrainian) equivalent of "the". So it seems like something English speaking countries added.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think there a purely phonetic language(except Belorissian:)). Russian has silent letters too(and they probably bug the hell out of foreigners learning Russian). I just don't see a connection or explanation forvthat one. Why going with that "t"? But whatever. As long as people might accept it as silent;)

Even if the t is silent, which I'm not sure it should be but I usually hear Americans pronounce it with the "t", why randomly add a silent "t"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad