Speculation: Artemi Panarin

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Should the lightning go after Panarin via trade and sign him long term to play with Kucherov ? If yes what would you offer ? I’m assuming yzerman would of course be out on karlsson to do this. I’d offer J.T. Miller, Ryan Callahan a 1st and Stephens. Torts might like this Callahan and Miller played for him with the rangers! Then offer panarin 8 to 9 avv per season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A playmaking center? Sure, a top-2 D-man in the league? Sure, another small scoring winger? No.

Why do we need to sign someone to play with Kucherov again?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Karlsson would do more for our offense than Panarin. We need better transition more than creativity in the zone.

Reactions: Kusic

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Karlsson would do more for our offense than Panarin. We need better transition more than creativity in the zone.
Highly debatable, I'd dare to even claim it's BS. None of the previous Cup winners didn't come close to Tampa's current defense corps. The MO to get to the SCF has been the same for years, it can't be said enough apparently, and within this context giving up assets to get another dman is a luxury, generational talent or not, it's just a fact. What has been killing Tampa is the lack of production from their forwards, getting a scoring threat and legit playoffs performer like Panarin would move Palat, Gourde and Killorn in an insanely favorable match-ups, the second PP would be lethal on its own. If Tampa can't win a Cup with a forwards group including Panarin, it'd just be inexcusable. Karlsson is undoubtedly the better player but history tells us Panarin would make Tampa better.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Highly debatable, I'd dare to even claim it's BS. None of the previous Cup winners didn't come close to Tampa's current defense corps. The MO to get to the SCF has been the same for years, it can't be said enough apparently, and within this context giving up assets to get another dman is a luxury, generational talent or not, it's just a fact. What has been killing Tampa is the lack of production from their forwards, getting a scoring threat and legit playoffs performer like Panarin would move Palat, Gourde and Killorn in an insanely favorable match-ups, the second PP would be lethal on its own. If Tampa can't win a Cup with a forwards group including Panarin, it'd just be inexcusable. Karlsson is undoubtedly the better player but history tells us Panarin would make Tampa better.
Look at our last two ECFs, both times we were pinned in our zone and outshot by a ton as a result, yet stayed in the series because of Vasi and scoring a high percentage of our chances. Yes we got shut out in the last two games against the Caps but that may have been regression to and below the mean after the 3 in a row we won. Karlsson likely tips the ice back in our favor, wearing down the other team and getting our opportunistic forwards more chances to bury.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Look at our last two ECFs, both times we were pinned in our zone and outshot by a ton as a result, yet stayed in the series because of Vasi and scoring a high percentage of our chances. Yes we got shut out in the last two games against the Caps but that may have been regression to and below the mean after the 3 in a row we won. Karlsson likely tips the ice back in our favor, wearing down the other team and getting our opportunistic forwards more chances to bury.

I totally understand your point, and you might be right, because Karlsson is that good, but I fear this current forward group just can't get the job done, too many disappearing acts year after year.
As a side note, the more I think about it, the more I feel it's also system issue. It's not normal to be completely dominated at 5v5 when you have Hedman, McD, Sergachev and Stralman on your defense. The new defense coach will help fix that hopefully.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
how did we get to the stanley cup finals? with hedman, Stralman, Coburn, Garrison, Carle and sustr! our defenseman now are way better then those top 6 on the 2015 roster! reason we lost in all these ECF is we can't score any goals! 8 periods without one goal vs the caps! 8! plus the price would be lower to get Panarin rather then karlsson.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
8 of our top 9 forwards were in the top 140 of ppg last year with a minimum of 40 games played. 31 teams with 3 players on each line means all 8 are top 6 players. Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, Miller and Gourde were in the top 90 so 1st line production. Stamkos and Kucherov we're higher than Panarin. The other expected top 9 forward in Cirelli didn't meet the games played requirement but his ppg was really good in the games he played.

What I'm getting at is that Panarin while a good player isn't a need as we have good forwards and are deep. No need losing that depth for one guy when we have two better than him. Unless we get him for Johnson or Miller + then it would make sense but I don't see that happening. so use the assets on something we could use.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
In a perfect world a Callahan and Miller for Panarin trade would be beautiful. Realistically it is not happening. We need to try to get more forwards of Millers size and skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad