Confirmed with Link: Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte, 6th (17) to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg, 5th (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Jackets have been solid 5v 5 for pst couple years . To me , Saad never took the next step , and was invisible quite a bit . Finally we have a game breaking talent . Someone that can create offense and can bury his shot

Strongly agree with this, and I'm surprised this is coming from a guy named General Saad.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Jackets have been solid 5v 5 for pst couple years . To me , Saad never took the next step , and was invisible quite a bit . Finally we have a game breaking talent . Someone that can create offense and can bury his shot

I really like Brandon Saad and bought in full when Jarmo acquired him. But I share the same sense on the bolded, even thought I didn't necessarily want it to be so.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Why did Chicago make this trade? 2 extra years of cost certainty? Forsberg to be their backup? Panarin didn't fit?

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I really like Brandon Saad and bought in full when Jarmo acquired him. But I share the same sense on the bolded, even thought I didn't necessarily want it to be so.

I agree, but I'm not sure what that next step would be...

His skill set is pretty reminiscent to Nasher. It is usually guys with great puck skills, great shots and great sense that can take the next step. They can round out their games and become more complete players (ala Cam). You don't usually see guys develop better puck skills, much better shots... the gifts.

Like Nash was when he went to NYR, Saad is, who he is. A talented, big-bodied forward with inconsistent effort.

Unlike Nash, Saad still has Chicago tattooed on his soul -- I'm sure he's excited today. I'm happy for him. I'm happy for us.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I am so happy about this trade, if we can lock him up for a while, this is a homerun. Absolutely stoked. Jarmo does it again.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Lateral move at worst, I think. Dayum.

My thoughts as well. Very high potential offensive upgrade. Saad seemed locked in on the 50 point production mark regardless of who he played with. Fifty points should be worse case point mark for Panarin.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
People think we won this trade.... how?

We got a inferior two way player and we probably will only have him for two years. Also he is older and stats could have been inflated playing with Kane.

People said the same thing about Saad's numbers (with these same players even)... his numbers stayed consistent.

Our problem isn't having enough two-way players.

We have him under contract for two years and can extend him next season if we choose.

We now have a gamebreaker and two PP units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->