Proposal: Artemi Panarin to Chicago

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Seabrook is bouncing back this year. Debrincat is about 60% as good as Panarin, and only 20 and has 2 years on his ELC. We'll sign Panarin in 2019-20.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
There are zero logical reasons for Columbus to ever take on Seabrook’s contract. This is somehow an awful deal for both teams.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Seabrook for any pick, prospect, or current player is a 99% No Thank you

CBJ already has Dubinsky @ 5.8 for three more years, likely buyout after this season
if they can't move him

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Columbus doesn't want Seabrook. Chicago doesn't want to give up DeBrincat and a likely top 10 pick for getting rid of Seabrook and one year of Panarin (a guy who's reportedly interested in coming back once he hits UFA). It's not a good trade for either team.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Seabrook for any pick, prospect, or current player is a 99% No Thank you

CBJ already has Dubinsky @ 5.8 for three more years, likely buyout after this season
if they can't move him

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Seems nice for Chicago. They dump the Seabrook contract and add Panarin. No need to keep that pick anymore because the Hawks will be way better with that trade.

Seabrook is probably going to be a non-starter for any team with something of actual value to trade.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I saw Seabrook in the proposal. An amnesty buyout candidate in the next cba.
Ah, so we get to hope for a lockout and another round of amnesty buyouts so that we can spend disgusting amounts of money fixing a mistake that wasn't ours. Sounds great! Sign me up!

No. No circumstances. If Seabrook's contract is to be bought out, amnesty or otherwise, the Blackhawks can do it their own damn selves.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ah, so we get to hope for a lockout and another round of amnesty buyouts so that we can spend disgusting amounts of money fixing a mistake that wasn't ours. Sounds great! Sign me up!

No. No circumstances. If Seabrook's contract is to be bought out, amnesty or otherwise, the Blackhawks can do it their own damn selves.
I am not suggesting you hope for anything.

My original post was in response to a poster who said 28 other teams would make higher offers then the one proposed by the thread starter. I disagreed. Unless Panarin is willing to sign an extension, you will not see the majority of teams lining up to offer an unprotected 1st+quality prospect for him. Too much risk he will walk on July 1st.

As for Seabrook and a potential amnesty buyout....Art Staple is a very credible source.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I expect that's likely an anomaly.
Why? Their defense is suspect at best, and there’s good reason to believe Crawford won’t be healthy any time soon. They won’t be able to keep the puck out of their own net. That’s enough for a top 10 pick. If they struggle to score again, they’ve got a great shot at Hughes.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Why do people think, Chicago will have any advantage to sign Panarin as UFA? Because of some vague rumors? Any rumors are... well, just rumors. When it comes to signing a contract, I bet, Panarin and his agent will forget about any emotions and feelings and make their choice based on cold calculations. There are New York teams, that have tons of space. There are Californian teams. That's 6 teams actually, that can offer more, than Chicago (the biggest Russian community outside Russia in NY, or great weather, warm ocean and Hollywood in California). You can probably add Florida teams to this list as well (better taxation and good Artemii pals Dadonov or Kucherov). If Chicago wants an upper hand in a future binding war over Panarin, there is the only way - trade for him right now.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am not suggesting you hope for anything.

My original post was in response to a poster who said 28 other teams would make higher offers then the one proposed by the thread starter. I disagreed. Unless Panarin is willing to sign an extension, you will not see the majority of teams lining up to offer an unprotected 1st+quality prospect for him. Too much risk he will walk on July 1st.
You are still wrongfully ignoring the presence of Seabrook. That is what makes this a bad offer. That is the sole and exclusive element that makes that "28 other teams" post at least semi-plausible. There's a gigantic world of difference between, say, the Isles offering Lee and a 1st versus offering Lee, a 1st, and Ladd. Or Vegas offering Glass and a 1st versus Glass, a 1st, and Clarkson. Or Edmonton offering Puljujarvi and a 1st versus Puljujarvi, a 1st, and Lucic. You can't just pretend that that last bit doesn't exist; that's a strawman argument,.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why do people think, Chicago will have any advantage to sign Panarin as UFA? Because of some vague rumors? Any rumors are... well, just rumors. When it comes to signing a contract, I bet, Panarin and his agent will forget about any emotions and feelings and make their choice based on cold calculations. There are New York teams, that have tons of space. There are Californian teams. That's 6 teams actually, that can offer more, than Chicago (the biggest Russian community outside Russia in NY, or great weather, warm ocean and Hollywood in California). You can probably add Florida teams to this list as well (better taxation and good Artemii pals Dadonov or Kucherov). If Chicago wants an upper hand in a future binding war over Panarin, there is the only way - trade for him right now.
Why do you just assume this limited view of cold calculations is how they would judge?

Also a calculation is that he knows he can have success there. He choose Chicago based on thinking they were the best shot for him to have success with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad