Proposal: Artemi Panarin to Chicago

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
Panarin + Kukan = DeBrincat + Seabrook + 1st 2019 (not lottery protected) + b prospect

Why Columbus does this:

Panarin could leave for nothing. Columbus needs a young offensive talent as part of the return and DeBrincat could be the one. Seabrook is still a second pairing dman who we could partner with Werenski because of his wheels whilst making Murray and Jones the top shutdown pair. Sure the Seabrook contract could get ugly but that is why the first is unprotected. Plus I think there is a good chance of Chicago missing the playoffs when they have to share a division with Nashville, Winnipeg, Minnesota and St. Louis.

Why Chicago goes for it:
Getting Chicago out of cap problems in the future with the length of their biggest contracts and giving them space to pay for a player who can improve their defense via free agency or trade is useful. Kukan is an NHL ready prospect to fill the gap for now. The Panarin bit should be obvious.

If the value is off, please explain politely. This is not an attempt to troll a fan base or rob a GM blind.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Panarin + Kukan = DeBrincat + Seabrook + 1st 2019 (not lottery protected) + b prospect

Why Columbus does this:

Panarin could leave for nothing. Columbus needs a young offensive talent as part of the return and DeBrincat could be the one. Seabrook is still a second pairing dman who we could partner with Werenski because of his wheels whilst making Murray and Jones the top shutdown pair. Sure the Seabrook contract could get ugly but that is why the first is unprotected. Plus I think there is a good chance of Chicago missing the playoffs when they have to share a division with Nashville, Winnipeg, Minnesota and St. Louis.

Why Chicago goes for it:
Getting Chicago out of cap problems in the future with the length of their biggest contracts and giving them space to pay for a player who can improve their defense via free agency or trade is useful. Kukan is an NHL ready prospect to fill the gap for now. The Panarin bit should be obvious.

If the value is off, please explain politely. This is not an attempt to troll a fan base or rob a GM blind.

Hawks dont give up Dub and a first to move Seabrook

Bad deal for the haws

Reactions: Colonel X

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
uh yea, 28 teams put in far better offers than that.

An unprotected 1st+ quality prospect for an unextended Panarin?

No, 28 teams do not put up better offers.
We were told the isles bowed out of the EK bidding during draft weekend because he refused to sign an extension with them.
Going to guess an unextended Panarin holds little interest.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
The Hawks actually have cap space, so there’s not really a need to move Seabrook. Besides, it looks like Seabrook laid off the nachos this offseason, so he might be a little bit faster, which is his big issue.

I’d like to have Panarin back, but it sounds like we could potentially sign him next year. At that point, I’m not giving up a top 6 winger in Debrincat and what is likely a top 10 pick.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
An unprotected 1st+ quality prospect for an unextended Panarin?

No, 28 teams do not put up better offers.
We were told the isles bowed out of the EK bidding during draft weekend because he refused to sign an extension with them.
Going to guess an unextended Panarin holds little interest.
panarin on the hawks makes that 1st mid to late round, also you omitted the albatross of a contract thats added to it.

Reactions: Viqsi

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
A top 6 forward + a probable top 15 pick in 2019 and a prospect we probably need for a better top 6 forward that doesn't want to play in Columbus next season. Columbus will probably end up selling Panarin for a late 1st + a b prospect if they do trade him to another team. It is likely that he will play for Chicago next season anyways. As a hawks fan, I'd rather have us sink for another season, get a good player at the draft, then grab Panarin in the offseason to go on another playoff run.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Why Columbus does this:

Why Chicago goes for it:

We explained on the Columbus board why we didn't like it.

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
That 1st could be Jack Hughes, I rather keep all the assets and sign Panarin next summer then buyout Seabrook after the next lockout.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol Cbus says no so quickly.

Seabrook as negative value

Chicago's first has meh value in this trade, as getting Panarin would make them good again and around the 22-30 pick.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014

Chicago's first has meh value in this trade, as getting Panarin would make them good again and around the 22-30 pick.
You're over estimating the Hawks if you think Panarin alone moves them in the top tier of the league.

Reactions: thesaadfather

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If that was all there was to the trade, it'd be much more interesting for Columbus. But you are ignoring the presence of Seabrook.
I saw Seabrook in the proposal. An amnesty buyout candidate in the next cba.

My post was in response to a poster, who said 28 other teams would make higher offers.
The Sens had to make EK available to other GMs,insisting on an extension. Montreal had to make MaxPac available to other GMs. who wanted an extension in place before completing a trade.
I expect with concerns about being able to extend Panarin,teams will want to speak to his rep and determine if he is interested in an extension and at what terms.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Toss out Seabrook and that looks like a very reasonable deal. I'd take it.

Our genius GM is probably going to end up getting scraps for Panarin and 2 time Veniza winner Bobrovski.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
panarin on the hawks makes that 1st mid to late round, also you omitted the albatross of a contract thats added to it.

Panarin doesn’t even come close to making the Hawks a playoff team. They’re three top-4 Dmen and a miraculously healthy Crawford away from being a contender.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad