Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't mind Strome... but when he's with Fast it's not enough.

Put Chytil in the middle or Kakko on the right side

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As of last night Panarin is +30 which is tied for second place in the league with the injured Dougie Hamilton of Carolina and behind only Ryan Graves of Colorado.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Best thing to happen to this team since rookie Lundqvist and best player on the planet ATM. Give him the captaincy or Zibanejad.

BreadKick

Feb 7, 2016
Best thing to happen to this team since rookie Lundqvist and best player on the planet ATM. Give him the captaincy or Zibanejad.

I am not sure if that could change anything ? They both are recognized in the team already. I have some doubts if Artemi wants to get a letter anyway.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
The fact that we didn’t give Mika the C at the start of the season makes me think that might actually be a possibility. Panarin has the most infectious personality in the league along with Ovechkin, he has the most heartbreakingly inspirational backstory in the league, and is the face of our franchise now. I would give him the C over Mika personally, but I know the fan favorite for it is Mika.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Being the best player in itself shouldn't make someone a captain. Give the letters to the leaders. I honestly think Fast is better suited to wear a letter than Panarin (if he stays)

Reactions: Cag29

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
C should go to a) an actual leader of the team and b) someone the refs respect. I’m 99% certain they haven’t handed out a C since McD because the de facto was Hank and goalies can’t (don’t?) ever get it. Pretty certain well see it go to Mika or, if he stays, Kreider next year, once the three headed monster is resolved and Hank — one way or another — is no longer “the guy”.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Being the best player in itself shouldn't make someone a captain. Give the letters to the leaders. I honestly think Fast is better suited to wear a letter than Panarin (if he stays)
I think in general it should be, unless you're the goalie. Especially when a player has put the team on their back like Panarin has. It is arbitrary though, as @BreadKick alluded to.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Was watching an interview series on the players talking about Bread and Smith mentioned he reminds him a lot of Datsyuk on the ice and how he conducts himself off the ice (and I think 42 played with Datsyuk a bit in Detroit). Interesting insight and I can kind of see it

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I still don't think he's 100%. He just doesn't look right to me.
Now that it's getting closer to the playoffs teams are really tightening up their D and there's less room to work with.
Panarin was one of the best point per game scorers when he came into the league the last third of the season but the last couple years not so much.
As things tighten up his chances for a 100 pt season look questionable. Stromme and Fast will really have to step up for Panarin to get to 100 pts.
The next 29 games look tough for allot of multiple pt. games for him. I hope he turns it on soon.
I agree, something is off.
Panarin use to always smile when playing. For awhile he has been grimacing even after goals are scored or after a win.
I believe he is playing through pain.
Hope I am wrong and he is okay.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I agree, something is off.
Panarin use to always smile when playing. For awhile he has been grimacing even after goals are scored or after a win.
I believe he is playing through pain.
Hope I am wrong and he is okay.

I think he really wants to make the playoffs and is starting to put some of the pressure on making it on his shoulders. It's crunch time and he knows it.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
With his third 2-point game in succession, he extended his point scoring streak to 10 games and passed Nathan MacKinnon and Connor McDavid for 3rd in league scoring with 85 points in 61 games, which is an 82-game rate of 114 points.

Reactions: Inferno

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Love the setup in OT tonight for Zib. He drew all three Islander players and had both teammates open. In 3 on 3, how do you even stop him?

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Panarin could drive a line with two Frank Fleming’s. Jesper Fast does all the dirty work on that line and forechecks his heart out. People calling to remove him for Chytil or Kakko are smoking rocks.

Reactions: BreadKick

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I wouldn't say he drew them all to him. It was more like they all ran him down. The skater on top had the angle on him. Panarin isn't the fastest skater and all three had him. He made a great play to pass the puck while all three were tying him up. There's no question about that.
Love the setup in OT tonight for Zib. He drew all three Islander players and had both teammates open. In 3 on 3, how do you even stop him?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I wonder if he’s playing injured. His vision and passing has been elite since coming back. But he’s not shooting nearly as much as far as I can tell.

I wonder if the upper body injury is affecting the velocity of his shot in some way.

Even without scoring, and a few questionable passes, he’s been a difference maker every night and one of our top two players. So I’m not complaining. Just curious.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I wonder if he’s playing injured. His vision and passing has been elite since coming back. But he’s not shooting nearly as much as far as I can tell.

I wonder if the upper body injury is affecting the velocity of his shot in some way.

Even without scoring, and a few questionable passes, he’s been a difference maker every night and one of our top two players. So I’m not complaining. Just curious.
IMO he tries to do too much sometimes.

He'd really benefit from skilled players. All the great players ( Mika, ADA etc ) on the team continually say, they just need to get open when he has the puck. He needs more talent to play with. Kakko makes the most sense but Quinn doesn't trust him

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I agree he does try too hard at times but what is he to do? His linemates aren't great stick handlers and they have a tough time doing anything when he's not driving the offense. Panarin needs one nice winger on the other side. Who do the Rangers have in the pipeline to replace Fast? Panarin really needs some help at times as he's always pressed and doubled up..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->