Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Bread4Life

Dec 13, 2019
Russia, Yekaterinburg
4 games back I made the argument, Panarin would be the only one to challenge McDavid for the scoring title. I argued that if he scored 8 pts in his next 4 games, which wasn't unreasonable, then he would be in reach of McDavid. Well, after the 4 games, he didn't get 8 pts. He got 12 and is now 4 pts behind McDavid with two games in hand!

I see no reason for him to slow down. It's amazing McDavid has a challenger for the title. The Breadman has cometh.
pls make another prognoze :):DD

Reactions: ohbaby

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hes doing it with a 3rd liner and a guy whose busted to this point

Imagine if he had what MacKinnon or mcdavid had on his line

Reactions: ohbaby

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

FWIW Fast has been a monster on his line. Winning board battles and going to the right spots. Adding another super skilled guy may not actually lead to more points, Panarin has enough skill for the whole line literally

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

don't undersell Fast on that line.

he's a monster defensively and does a lot of the puck retrieval and puck battles that get Panarin and Strome the puck with space.

it's especially important on that line considering, for how good of a season he is having, Strome is dog shit defensively.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Panarin doesn't need good players with him to perform which is why it made no sense from the get go to play him on a line with Zibanejad. I see very little reason to "upgrade" his linemates from Fast/Strome considering if there were better players it would better to have them help the other lines.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
Some time ago, I stated on this very forum that -- regarding the Panarin signing -- I would never starve again due to all the crow I was eating. Hahaha, ho-ho-hum, chortle chortle. Well jests may tickle the wit but they also mask reality! You see, I have been lying to my friends, to the Rangers community, and to myself -- for I am secretly living a double life. I am not simply Kravtsonkravtsov, the twenty-something who chirps wordplay every now and again on HF. Nay, I am Kravtsonkravtsov, the poor soul that has sunken into the dark depths of the sweet, savory throes of dependence!

You see, I have now become hopelessly, happily, and justifiably addicted to eating crow. Ah, my morning alarm is but a sweet reminder that my crow mastication is about to begin! I roll out of bed and promptly munch on some crow, lovingly prepared the night before, distributed in one of the many crow bags stashed throughout my belongings. Ten hearty chews to delay the shakes! So musty is the avian odor which blankets my room, that my roommates have even confronted me with alarm. Last night, my good pal knocked on my door. He questioned: "Kravstonkravtsov, where does this pungent aroma permeate from. Are you, perhaps, eating crow again? Are you okay?"

I won't lie, I was nervous -- but when living this double life one must act confident, unassuming, and most importantly, aloof. I looked him straight in the eye and responded, "Don't be alarmed! The crow eating is only a bit of a habit and nothing more. I am in control and can stop whenever I please." They smile and nod, and I know they know, and that they know that I know that they know, and yet the world continues revolving throughout the vast empty void we appropriately named space. Days become months and months become years and we have Artemi Panarin dropping 5 points on the greasy Long Islanders! Munch munch munch.

And as a dig myself deeper -- stealthily eating the feathered delicacy on the 7 during my commute, scarfing down some crow legs in the office bathroom, quick pick me ups before parties to get in that sophomoric fowl mood (a pun!) -- I realize that my addiction is a fully realized destiny that is now part of my identity. Now then, I am wary of being verbose and I must be going, for I have more crow to eat and work to do. Until next time. À tout à l'heure!

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Right now, he is looking like a better version of Datsyuk.

Normally that'd be hyperbole but you ain't lying. His defensive play is crazy good. Picking pockets like Dats and putting up more points.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I've racked my brain and I really don't the Rangers have a had a player with his vision, creativity and intelligence since Gretzky.

After I get over the anger of how the Rangers would've been the 2014 Stanley Cup Champions with a player of Panarin's caliber, I tend to think the same thing. Hos combination of creativity and elusiveness are breathtaking to watch. And he almost always makes the right play, which most of the time is getting a puck to the net.

Reactions: BreadKick

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
After I get over the anger of how the Rangers would've been the 2014 Stanley Cup Champions with a player of Panarin's caliber, I tend to think the same thing. Hos combination of creativity and elusiveness are breathtaking to watch. And he almost always makes the right play, which most of the time is getting a puck to the net.

The real question is, do the Rangers win the 2012 or 2014 Stanley Cups if they had managed to talk Jaromir Jagr into continuing his career indefinitely with the Rangers?

Reminder, his final season with the Rangers in '08-'09 he scored 71 points (25-46).

When he next appeared in the NHL in '11'-'12, he scored 54 points (19-35) in 73 games. That year the Rangers came up just short to the Devils in the conference finals. Might Jagr, especially a Jagr who had stayed in the NHL and build chemistry and kept stamina at that level, have been able to put them over the top?

How about 2 years later in '13-'14 when he played 82 games for the Devils, scored 67 points (24-43)?

67 points would have been the Rangers leading scorer in '13-'14. How about that replacing Pouliot in the top 9, pushing Pouliot to the 4th line??

Makes you say arrrrrrrgh.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I was just talking about how I don't think we've ever had such a complete player in all my time watching this team. He does everything. Trouba talked about it in the post game. It's not just his offense, but his defensive play as well.

BreadKick

Feb 7, 2016
Panarin doesn't need good players with him to perform which is why it made no sense from the get go to play him on a line with Zibanejad. I see very little reason to "upgrade" his linemates from Fast/Strome considering if there were better players it would better to have them help the other lines.

Good point. Actualy this was the second time he had a really elite player on his line (Toews and Zibanejad), both times that did not worked well. I think because he tries to adjust to linemate's play instead of make the play himself.

Edit: How could I forget Kane???

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The real question is, do the Rangers win the 2012 or 2014 Stanley Cups if they had managed to talk Jaromir Jagr into continuing his career indefinitely with the Rangers?

Reminder, his final season with the Rangers in '08-'09 he scored 71 points (25-46).

When he next appeared in the NHL in '11'-'12, he scored 54 points (19-35) in 73 games. That year the Rangers came up just short to the Devils in the conference finals. Might Jagr, especially a Jagr who had stayed in the NHL and build chemistry and kept stamina at that level, have been able to put them over the top?

How about 2 years later in '13-'14 when he played 82 games for the Devils, scored 67 points (24-43)?

67 points would have been the Rangers leading scorer in '13-'14. How about that replacing Pouliot in the top 9, pushing Pouliot to the 4th line??

Makes you say arrrrrrrgh.

I really don't know about Jagr. He's a guy who, almost notoriously, liked things his way, and Im not sure if he would've gelled with the with the 2012 and 2014 teams - who were very different by the way. I could almost see one team being too hot at the other too cold in regards to Jagr's liking.

The 2014 team was far more seasoned and varied, but Im not sure if Jagr would've been down with the level of depth and rolling 4 lines approach of that team.

Reactions: mschmidt64

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Some time ago, I stated on this very forum that -- regarding the Panarin signing -- I would never starve again due to all the crow I was eating. Hahaha, ho-ho-hum, chortle chortle. Well jests may tickle the wit but they also mask reality! You see, I have been lying to my friends, to the Rangers community, and to myself -- for I am secretly living a double life. I am not simply Kravtsonkravtsov, the twenty-something who chirps wordplay every now and again on HF. Nay, I am Kravtsonkravtsov, the poor soul that has sunken into the dark depths of the sweet, savory throes of dependence!

You see, I have now become hopelessly, happily, and justifiably addicted to eating crow. Ah, my morning alarm is but a sweet reminder that my crow mastication is about to begin! I roll out of bed and promptly munch on some crow, lovingly prepared the night before, distributed in one of the many crow bags stashed throughout my belongings. Ten hearty chews to delay the shakes! So musty is the avian odor which blankets my room, that my roommates have even confronted me with alarm. Last night, my good pal knocked on my door. He questioned: "Kravstonkravtsov, where does this pungent aroma permeate from. Are you, perhaps, eating crow again? Are you okay?"

I won't lie, I was nervous -- but when living this double life one must act confident, unassuming, and most importantly, aloof. I looked him straight in the eye and responded, "Don't be alarmed! The crow eating is only a bit of a habit and nothing more. I am in control and can stop whenever I please." They smile and nod, and I know they know, and that they know that I know that they know, and yet the world continues revolving throughout the vast empty void we appropriately named space. Days become months and months become years and we have Artemi Panarin dropping 5 points on the greasy Long Islanders! Munch munch munch.

And as a dig myself deeper -- stealthily eating the feathered delicacy on the 7 during my commute, scarfing down some crow legs in the office bathroom, quick pick me ups before parties to get in that sophomoric fowl mood (a pun!) -- I realize that my addiction is a fully realized destiny that is now part of my identity. Now then, I am wary of being verbose and I must be going, for I have more crow to eat and work to do. Until next time. À tout à l'heure!
what the f***

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->