Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Might as well straight-up murder players at that point, right?

No, there are limits, and Wilson crosses the limit frequently. Really no ifs/ands/buts about it. But the DoPS hasn't shown they care about consistency or anything, so whatever.

At this point, it's not a Wilson issue, it's a team/league/DoPS issue.
That’s the point I’m trying to say. The guy has been suspended, fined, and yet they let it go. The caps fans/org thing that comes with the territory of him doing his job. They are going to be mad at Wilson If he goes over the line like he did with panarin the just see it as the cost of doing business. Oh he did his job but he went to far this time, big. Deal in their minds. But Wilson is going to continue to get away with as much as he can whenever he can. It’s made him millions of dollars

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Your missing the point. I’m not saying what he did was right. I’m saying he was doing what he gets paid to do. He is an obvious dirty dick and never feels any repercussions from it from the league or most of the teams he faces. And when he plays on that thin line Of agitator/ enforcer and straight up assault their fans don’t care if he gets a fine or suspension. They think of it as cost of doing business. Obviously he knew it was panarin and figured he could get his cheap shots rag dolling him cause he was 3rd man in. Wilson isn’t just paid to go after tough guys. He paid to disrupt and disturb. And he goes from that to being a dirty prick pretty easily

Well that's an issue with the league because they protect dirty goons like him over superstars like Panarin.

Reactions: Irishguy42

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Well that's an issue with the league because they protect dirty goons like him over superstars like Panarin.
That enforcer/ agitator disrupter role is always going to be there. And there’s always going to be Wilson’s that try to pull that shit, because that’s what they get paid to do. That’s why teams must respond in kind. Even if it’s not on him directly. Pick somebody over there

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Perhaps we could sign this Vladimir Putin guy to protect Panarin. He checks all the boxes. He is also Russian, is tough as nail (that he could kill a bear with his bare hands), flies on the skates faster than McDavid and has a wicked wrister (see the video).

Perhaps they could have great (novichok-level) chemistry together. I just don't know how this contract negotiation would work with Drury, I heard the guy has more than just one agent (he is probably really sought after). And dealing with some of those agents can really get on your nerves, I heard.

Reactions: Cmox and TheDirtyH

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That enforcer/ agitator disrupter role is always going to be there. And there’s always going to be Wilson’s that try to pull that shit, because that’s what they get paid to do. That’s why teams must respond in kind. Even if it’s not on him directly. Pick somebody over there

No other league has that shit, but the NHL is special as always.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Might as well straight-up murder players at that point, right?

No, there are limits, and Wilson crosses the limit frequently. Really no ifs/ands/buts about it. But the DoPS hasn't shown they care about consistency or anything, so whatever.

At this point, it's not a Wilson issue, it's a team/league/DoPS issue.
No argument there were in agreement. But he’s going to do what he gets paid millions for. That’s what I mean when I say I can’t blame him. If he gets a chance to cross the line he does it because it usually only results in a slap on the wrist for him. The DOPS is a joke. Teams are going to have to continue to police themselves to a certain extent. Unfortunately I don’t see them fixing it in The future, I see more guys like Wilson that will continue to push the envelope and make a career out of it before serious change happens..

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
No other league has that shit, but the NHL is special as always.
Yup and they come in all forms of scumbaggery too. It’s a shame because if he can hold back from severely trying to injure the opposing player, he’s really effective at what he does. And he can play hockey, he’s not some marginal 4th liner.
That’s why I desperately want this team to sign goodrow and I want Schneider and Robertson in sooner rather then later. Cause he can go too far and end shestys season in a blink and we would be so screwed. We desperately have to protect in front of and around the net with guys like Wilson and Frederic roaming around

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No argument there were in agreement. But he’s going to do what he gets paid millions for. That’s what I mean when I say I can’t blame him. If he gets a chance to cross the line he does it because it usually only results in a slap on the wrist for him. The DOPS is a joke. Teams are going to have to continue to police themselves to a certain extent. Unfortunately I don’t see them fixing it in The future, I see more guys like Wilson that will continue to push the envelope and make a career out of it before serious change happens..
Okay I can see your argument.

Not that I vibe with it, but...I can see where the logic is.

Which is more than I can say for Wilson's thought-process when he was pummeling Panarin AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Wilson did his job. Even though the image has changed and it’s not as crazy as things were there’s still a ton of guys that talk shit, instigate, slash, hold etc. hockey is always going to be physical

Thanks for the lesson. BTW, is Wilson's job to punch guys in a prone position? How about pulling a guys hair and slamming him to the ice. A guy half his size, who was trying to calm the jackass down and a guy, who far as I can tell, hasn't had an NHL fight?
And all the while I thought Tom was a super talented first round pick, 1st liner. Haven't seen many of those who make it a point to cruise the ice looking to remove peoples heads from their shoulders. Guess you learn something new every day.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
That looks like the perfect way to spend the summer and unwind after a season.

Reactions: LokiDog

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I just hope Bread stays away from his homeland for a bit. A friend of mine joked if we could trade his citizenship for DeAngelo's.
Oh two-in-one isn't it?
ADA is a racist so goes to putin's domain while putin's after Bread so better transplant him here. gowd how can people be so...:facepalm:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Ah, looks like he's back in Korkino. I find it endearing that, despite having a multimillionaire grandson, Panarin's grandparents still chose to reside there. That place is the American equivalent of some trailer park town in backwater Arkansas.
Good for them.:nod:

Reactions: tlk

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Not sure if discussed elsewhere...

From Carp's latest at the athletic:

What comes next for the Rangers? Five predictions based on the latest from Chris Drury and Gerard Gallant

I think Drury — who on Tuesday talked of “the physicality, the energy, the effort, the intensity” of the teams left in the playoffs — will try to add a Blake Coleman or a Casey Cizikas or a Zach Hyman unless a more-legit top-six player with those rugged qualities can somehow be finagled via a blockbuster.

Hyman is much more of a top-sixer than the others, but I think any of them would look better on the right of Ryan Strome and Artemi Panarin than Colin Blackwell does, for example, and arguably than Kaapo Kakko does.

By the way, it was Panarin who frequently asked coach David Quinn, if not begged or demanded, that Blackwell be on his right rather than Kakko, among others. Quinn usually deferred.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad