Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Lower body related to the Wilson assault. I'd guess ankle from the slewfoot

Also every thing he does makes me respect him more as a person. Guy is a born leader. English or no, he earned the C

You know what boggles my mind? The same mouth breathers that are saying "well if you had enforcers this wouldn't have happened" are the same mouth breathers getting on Panarin for taking on a guy twice his size to defend his teammate even though that's not anywhere close the way he makes his money.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
You know what boggles my mind? The same mouth breathers that are saying "well if you had enforcers this wouldn't have happened" are the same mouth breathers getting on Panarin for taking on a guy twice his size to defend his teammate even though that's not anywhere close the way he makes his money.
Who’s getting on Panarin? I think everyone respects Panarin, especially for what he did in the last game.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Not Ranger fans. Talking about fans from other teams. And he didn't even "take him on", he friggin just tried to pull him off Strome.

Also, read it on youtube.
All the keyboard warriors stating that what Wilson did was fine and dandy are the same ones who would pee themselves if they ever had to stand up to him.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
A least the little bread man sacked up and went after him. I’m telling you, 2-3 pieces tops away. As LaF gets older he will be more abrasive, as will Barron as will a myriad of our kids. The key is putting the players in the best position to succeed and get a guy behind the bench that makes them work

Reactions: leetch99

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
All the keyboard warriors stating that what Wilson did was fine and dandy are the same ones who would pee themselves if they ever had to stand up to him.
Wilson did his job. Even though the image has changed and it’s not as crazy as things were there’s still a ton of guys that talk shit, instigate, slash, hold etc. hockey is always going to be physical

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Wilson did his job. Even though the image has changed and it’s not as crazy as things were there’s still a ton of guys that talk shit, instigate, slash, hold etc. hockey is always going to be physical
If slamming a helmet-less player's head into the ice twice is "doing his job" then sure.

Even if you are enforcer and your job is to cause a ruckus and defend your goalie and stuff, there is a line in the sand, and Wilson CLEARLY crossed it and the worst part is he KNOWINGLY did it.

No...there is a vast difference between tough players doing their job and what Wilson did.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
If slamming a helmet-less player's head into the ice twice is "doing his job" then sure.

Even if you are enforcer and your job is to cause a ruckus and defend your goalie and stuff, there is a line in the sand, and Wilson CLEARLY crossed and the worst part is he KNOWINGLY did it.

No...there is a vast difference between tough players doing their job and what Wilson did.
No, his job is to impose his will physically on teams. Take them off their game, irritate, agitate, and chip in on offense and hit. He does exactly what he’s paid to do. Do you think caps fans/ org are going to shed a tear if he goes over the line on occasion? What would you do if someone jumped on your back in the heat of the moment? Have a conversation? Or teach them a lesson?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No, his job is to impose his will physically on teams. Take them off their game, irritate, agitate, and chip in on offense and hit. He does exactly what he’s paid to do. Do you think caps fans/ org are going to shed a tear if he goes over the line on occasion? What would you do if someone jumped on your back in the heat of the moment? Have a conversation? Or teach them a lesson?
Might as well straight-up murder players at that point, right?

No, there are limits, and Wilson crosses the limit frequently. Really no ifs/ands/buts about it. But the DoPS hasn't shown they care about consistency or anything, so whatever.

At this point, it's not a Wilson issue, it's a team/league/DoPS issue.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

What a stupid argument. He didn't "jump on his back". Where is this garbage coming from? He tried to pull him off Strome and protect his teammate. Why is Wilson a tough guy when he goes after Buchnevich, a smaller guy that's not a fighter, but when Panarin tries to pull Wilson off his teammate he's not a tough guy and he's some instigator that it's ok to body slam without a helmet? Somehow going after smaller players with cheap shots is ok, but a guy trying to pull a guy going after a teammate who is not a fighter is a crime. It just boggles my mind. You literally can't defend Wilson jumping on a smaller skill guy and then criticize Panarin for protecting his teammate. You don't like toughness you like bullies.

Embarrassing take from a "Rangers fan". Or frankly a human being.

Reactions: haveandare

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
What a stupid argument. He didn't "jump on his back". Where is this garbage coming from? He tried to pull him off Strome and protect his teammate. Why is Wilson a tough guy when he goes after Buchnevich, a smaller guy that's not a fighter, but when Panarin tries to pull Wilson off his teammate he's not a tough guy and he's some instigator that it's ok to body slam without a helmet? Somehow going after smaller players with cheap shots is ok, but a guy trying to pull a guy going after a teammate who is not a fighter is a crime. It just boggles my mind. You literally can't defend Wilson jumping on a smaller skill guy and then criticize Panarin for protecting his teammate. You don't like toughness you like bullies.

Embarrassing take from a "Rangers fan". Or frankly a human being.
Your missing the point. I’m not saying what he did was right. I’m saying he was doing what he gets paid to do. He is an obvious dirty dick and never feels any repercussions from it from the league or most of the teams he faces. And when he plays on that thin line Of agitator/ enforcer and straight up assault their fans don’t care if he gets a fine or suspension. They think of it as cost of doing business. Obviously he knew it was panarin and figured he could get his cheap shots rag dolling him cause he was 3rd man in. Wilson isn’t just paid to go after tough guys. He paid to disrupt and disturb. And he goes from that to being a dirty prick pretty easily

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->