Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
If Panarin keeps scoring at this rate it will = more leg kicks which will = wear and tear on his leg/groin/hip which will = him having to retire early which will = the Rangers getting out of the final years of his contract

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Plz just be this good or close for a while. Plz

I wanna be wrong about getting him so badly. Was / am worried about timing.

Plz when we play MEANINGFUL games in spring let him be this

Reactions: will1066

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
If one of us were to have said this past summer that we expected Panarin to score 100 points in a season, that post would have been charged as an unrealistic expectation for any player. Now we are just over halfway through this season, and a claim that Panarin will score 100 points this year would be charged as unrealistic because he is pacing to blow well past that benchmark. This guy has placed himself at the absolute center of the organization in hardly a half-season.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Games like tonight make a potential playoff birth very exciting. Panarin can carry us.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hartemi.

The real crazy part.... what happens if he plays with 1st line talent/finishers? There's no doubt that he benefits from cerebral/high IQ players but there's room for improvement in that area... as well as PP production.

He's on pace for 90+ Even-Strength points... We're talking about a category/tier with Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, Coffey, LaFleur, Esposito, Jagr etc.. All-time greats... Only 13 players in NHL history. Jagr was the last to do it in 1996.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
if he continues like this the Hart should be his even if we don't make the playoffs. It wont happen but he's the hands down MVP so far. All the other top players have other top guys riding shotgun with him. Panarin as Strome and Fast. And he's doing it all 5v5.

Reactions: BreadKick

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
if he continues like this the Hart should be his even if we don't make the playoffs. It wont happen but he's the hands down MVP so far. All the other top players have other top guys riding shotgun with him. Panarin as Strome and Fast. And he's doing it all 5v5.

10 more points than any other player in the NHL at Even Strength. That's absurd

Reactions: BreadKick

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Agreed tho honestly I'd put MacKinnon a tad ahead of Breadman for the Ross. Yes MacK has Rantanen and Landeskog typically on his side but both those guys were out for a long stretch of time and MacK pretty much by himself with some help from Makar kept the Avalanche afloat and not only elevated his own play enormously, he made guys like Donskoi and Burakovsly look like all-star wingers which we all know they are not.

So if it were me as this very point in time for MVP, I'd go:

MacKinnon followed by Panarin, McDavid and than Pastrnak.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Hartemi.

The real crazy part.... what happens if he plays with 1st line talent/finishers? There's no doubt that he benefits from cerebral/high IQ players but there's room for improvement in that area... as well as PP production.

He's on pace for 90+ Even-Strength points... We're talking about a category/tier with Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, Coffey, LaFleur, Esposito, Jagr etc.. All-time greats... Only 13 players in NHL history. Jagr was the last to do it in 1996.
Jeez
Stealing that stat to brag on main board, that's ridiculous. Especially considering who is line mates are lol

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
4 games back I made the argument, Panarin would be the only one to challenge McDavid for the scoring title. I argued that if he scored 8 pts in his next 4 games, which wasn't unreasonable, then he would be in reach of McDavid. Well, after the 4 games, he didn't get 8 pts. He got 12 and is now 4 pts behind McDavid with two games in hand!

I see no reason for him to slow down. It's amazing McDavid has a challenger for the title. The Breadman has cometh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad