Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
There’s a very unsettling piece in a big Russian sports newspaper Sport Express today with a former Panarin coach (former NHLer Andrei Nazarov) claiming that Panarin was involved in an attempted rape and Nazarov had to bribe the officials to get this incident under the rug.

I don’t want to provide links to this article because I think it’s pure garbage, but be on alert it could become a big story.
well, you were right

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Most likely, Larin and Nazarov made up this story by themselves.
But, Nazarov has been praising Rotenberg 24/7 for the last year or smth.

Also, Sport Express is owned by "National Media Alliance" which has Alina Kabayeva on board, so who knows, maybe it is a "little dirty vengeance" by some people amongst russian elite.

Or maybe, just a hype story made by 2 well known clowns(Larin and Nazarov that is)

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
tumblr_inline_osujrtQ51K1uli9o1_400.gifv

At least he's back.

7RPjL8S.jpg

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Being accused of assaulting a 18 year old girl/woman by your coach at the time, even if 10-11 years later is not a serious accusation?

Not a hot take, that is a terrible take.
1) What it has to do with anything being accused by your former coach or anybody else? Besides, Dirty Naz accused him not as a former coach but rather as a notorious and outspoken stooge.
2) What is assaulting in your opinion? In your, bc dirty naz was notoriously sly about not going into any details. Maybe bc there isn't much to go into? Just a thought.
3) A bar brawl involving drunk 18 yos - serious accusation?? really? It's not like a hundred or so is happening right now.
4) Would it have been different if it was with an 18 yo boy/man? Aren't we all equal now?

In the present circs, *your* take is terrible. But it is very much in line with the SJW craze.

Wonder what it will take for you guys to cancel him after all.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
1) What it has to do with anything being accused by your former coach or anybody else? Besides, Dirty Naz accused him not as a former coach but rather as a notorious and outspoken stooge.
2) What is assaulting in your opinion? In your, bc dirty naz was notoriously sly about not going into any details. Maybe bc there isn't much to go into? Just a thought.
3) A bar brawl involving drunk 18 yos - serious accusation?? really? It's not like a hundred or so is happening right now.
4) Would it have been different if it was with an 18 yo boy/man? Aren't we all equal now?

In the present circs, *your* take is terrible. But it is very much in line with the SJW craze.

Wonder what it will take for you guys to cancel him after all.

Yes being accused by your former coach of assaulting a women is a serious allegation.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
A bit random, but I was just thinking about this in relation to Panarin. Is there a "goals created" stat or something similar on any advanced stats sites?
Yeah, they're called primary assists :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, what criteria are you looking for with this stat? There's a few people who do micro-stat tracking with shot assists and other stuff, and I've seen Sportlogiq/Valiquette mention some player-specific stats.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

In all seriousness, what criteria are you looking for with this stat? There's a few people who do micro-stat tracking with shot assists and other stuff, and I've seen Sportlogiq/Valiquette mention some player-specific stats.
I think more like Fox making a smart heady play turning nothing into something and he'd be the '3rd' assist. All he personally gets is a measly +1 and a +.1 for some advanced stat for being on the ice for a high danger chance. Over the long run those +.1 add up, and they will correlate chances with goals scored, but I don't think anyone really looks at this data for only goal scoring plays. Too few samples per game leading to weaker data. I'd love more 'goal scoring' data versus shots/chances data, even with smaller samples, but I'm in the minority.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

Haha, primary assists would very often fit the category.

I was thinking a stat that credited a player for having being the driving factor for a goal scored (or scoring chance for, or whatever).

Panarin's ridiculous pass to Smitty would have been a goal that Panarin created nearly on his own; Chytil's Forsberg goal would have been his creation; etc.

It sounds like something too specific to be available to the public, if it exists.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Does anyone know where to find a map of where all his points this season have come from on the ice? Such bonkers charts out there I’d think someone would have something simple-ish like this

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
A bit random, but I was just thinking about this in relation to Panarin. Is there a "goals created" stat or something similar on any advanced stats sites?
i remember when we signed him, someone mentioned that he led the league in 2018-19 in "shot assists" ie passes that directly led to a SOG. That plus him leading the league in even strength scoring were all i needed to feel good about the signing.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->