Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
He's clearly been off this year. Hes misfired on more passes through 9 games than he did all of last year.

I thought he was pretty bad in both games against Pitt tbh. The production is nice, but he needs to be much sharper.
It's true, he hasn't been nearly as good as he was last season. it's amazing he still has 12 pts in 9 games.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He's clearly been off this year. Hes misfired on more passes through 9 games than he did all of last year.

I thought he was pretty bad in both games against Pitt tbh. The production is nice, but he needs to be much sharper.
Agreed. But when you think about it, it really is a testament to the high level of skill that he has. He has misfired on goal. He has missed passes. He has not looked as good. And BAAM......look at what point and goal totals he is pacing.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I feel like we take him for granted. He's one of the best players in Rangers history. Also, we've had stars come in and have great first seasons with the Rangers but then drop off in the following season, hell Jagr went from 120+ points to under 100, Panarin is not as good as last season in absolute terms but considering how bad offensively the team is an the PP he's f***ing great again. I don't know much about baseball and I hear Landor is a great player, but could it be argued that he's the second best player in NY after Durant?

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I feel like we take him for granted. He's one of the best players in Rangers history. Also, we've had stars come in and have great first seasons with the Rangers but then drop off in the following season, hell Jagr went from 120+ points to under 100, Panarin is not as good as last season in absolute terms but considering how bad offensive the team is an the PP he's f***ing great again. I don't know much about baseball and I hear Landor is a great player, but could it be argued that he's the second best player in NY after Durant?
I do not take him for granted.

I personally believe... when all is said and done, his number will be hanging in the rafters.... with a Cup or three

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Imagine if he was in the north division. would probably have between 25-30 points. I feel like the way he plays the game he can still be highly effective until his mid 30's.
And when fans come back I think he is even gonna be better.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I do not take him for granted.

I personally believe... when all is said and done, his number will be hanging in the rafters.... with a Cup or three
Ten is the perfect number in sports; there’s just a certain elegance about it. Or maybe I just grew up watching too much soccer — where Number 10 is (or perhaps was) an honor offered to the star playmaker in the team. It would be perfect to see it hanging at the Garden but a shame to never see it again on a Ranger.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I still don't think his game is completely there.

He's doing the things that not everyone can do (the pass to smith in Philly, baiting the defender to open up the passing lane for Laf today, pretty much everyone else on this team would have tried to force a pass through a body on that play) but he's still misfiring on the simple stuff more often than he normally does.

But he's been mostly good. He doesn't make it onto this team's list of issues and there are a lot of them.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
How so? MSL was pushing 40 when he came here.
I mean how gracefully MSL aged and their playing styles. There are obvious differences, especially with respect to height, but they’re equally adept goal scorers and playmakers. More to the point, even if you were to remove their foot speed, they’d still be effective. They think the game well — they feel the game. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were two other players who felt the game. Those players are virtually ageless.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I still don't think his game is completely there.

He's doing the things that not everyone can do (the pass to smith in Philly, baiting the defender to open up the passing lane for Laf today, pretty much everyone else on this team would have tried to force a pass through a body on that play) but he's still misfiring on the simple stuff more often than he normally does.

But he's been mostly good. He doesn't make it onto this team's list of issues and there are a lot of them.

He's got points on almost half the Rangers goals and is on pace for 105 points, he's not as good as last season but this would be better than any season he's had otherwise. So either he's not misfiring as much as you think or he'd be on pace for a 120 point season if he didn't misfire.

Reactions: haveandare

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He's got points on almost half the Rangers goals and is on pace for 105 points, he's not as good as last season but this would be better than any season he's had otherwise. So either he's not misfiring as much as you think or he'd be on pace for a 120 point season if he didn't misfire.

No hes definitely misfiring a ton.

Its not really passes in the offensive zone where hes missing, most of them have been on his half of the center ice line. When he sets up shop hes actually been very good and should have even more production since Zibanejad has straight up beefed everything on the PP.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I don't know much about baseball and I hear Landor is a great player, but could it be argued that he's the second best player in NY after Durant?

Lindor is near a top 10 player in the game. I think Panarin is inside the top 10 in the NHL. Pure skill, he is probably top 5, but since he is a winger, he's not as valuable as a center.

In terms of him and Durant, it is definitely close. KD is a top 3 player in the NBA. Panarin means more to the Rangers than Durant to the Nets since they have Harden and Irving, but even then it is still very close. I think he is #3 in NY sports. deGrom is the 2nd best player in NYC.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
There’s a very unsettling piece in a big Russian sports newspaper Sport Express today with a former Panarin coach (former NHLer Andrei Nazarov) claiming that Panarin was involved in an attempted rape and Nazarov had to bribe the officials to get this incident under the rug.

I don’t want to provide links to this article because I think it’s pure garbage, but be on alert it could become a big story.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
There’s a very unsettling piece in a big Russian sports newspaper Sport Express today with a former Panarin coach (former NHLer Andrei Nazarov) claiming that Panarin was involved in an attempted rape and Nazarov had to bribe the officials to get this incident under the rug.

I don’t want to provide links to this article because I think it’s pure garbage, but be on alert it could become a big story.
Panarin's had some pretty critical words for Putin in the past, right?

Yeah, so I'm going to go ahead and discount any smear campaigns that appear in any state sanctioned Russian press...

Reactions: romba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad