Artem Asinimov or Alexander Vasyunov?

CH Wizard

They played together for the 2nd tier Yaroslav Lokomotiv team. They made a terrific duo. From what I've seen in the u-18's, Asinimov is the better all around player.

Who would you pick first?

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Vasyunov is the more offensively gifted of the two from what i've heard. Where will these guys go anyway. With the whole issue of drafting players from Russia i doubt they would go very high.

OilerOlli*

2 very good prospects. But I would take Vasyunov ahead of Anisimov. He has awesome offensive skills.
Both shpould be 1st round picks.

Safir*

Isn't it a little risky to pick player from a 2nd tier team? :dunno:

Both are enigmatic players, but Vasyunov is the better shooter and better skater. To me Artem Anisimov sounds a little like Alexandr Svitov.

A team with a deep roster could take Vasyunov with it's 1st rounder (Wings, Sens).

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Kärppä32 said:

Both are enigmatic players, but Vasyunov is the better shooter and better skater. To me Artem Anisimov sounds a little like Alexandr Svitov.

A team with a deep roster could take Vasyunov with it's 1st rounder (Wings, Sens).

Perezhogin and Kovalchuk were picked from 2nd tier teams.

OilerOlli*

Kärppä32 said:

What do you have to do with Energie Cottbus? :confused:

OilerOlli*

2nd tier in Russia is still good. There are not many 17 year olds that playing in 1st tier in Russia!

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
golleafsgo_17 said:
Perezhogin was picked from a 3rd tier team i believe

True he had some insane numbers in that league, something like 71 goals in 47 games. He played a few games in the Russian high league as well and I believe a couple of games in the RSL.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Wait you are not saying things right :)

Vasyunov and Anisimov play in Lokomotiv - 2 that play in Russian Pervaya Liga, third tier league but most like a junior league for big teams. Kovalchuk was drafted out of Spartak Moscow that was playing in Russian Vysshaya Liga, that's second tier league

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
doesn't matter if they play tier 2 league, look at Mike Forney, he playes High School hockey along with Fischer so I don't think there is a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad