Art Ross Thread Part II: 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Remember when you thought Rantanen was going to hit 130 points? I member. Or arguing that IF Rantanen scored 30 more points than McDavid we should consider him better. :laugh:
Looks like it's Kucherov, and not Rantanen!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
This place will explode if Kuch ends up 8 further ahead than where he is now versus McDavid and ends up with more points over the last 3 years. I knew it was close. But wow. Just wow. Perhaps Kuch really is the best player in the world - and not just right now.
Well it's been confirmed.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Lock it up! Close the thread! Kucherov is running away with it and I can’t even see him from here.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Why does this thread constantly turn into a **** on McDavid thread?

Yes, it's stupid. The guy won the Ross in his second and third seasons and was a point behind Kucherov this season ten or so days ago despite playing on a disaster of a team. He is still going to finish in the top three in scoring (I won't be surprised if he surpasses Kane, either) and will win more Art Rosses in his career and will be in contention for the award for years to come.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Looks like it's Kucherov, and not Rantanen!

You don't just get to pick whatever player is leading the scoring race as part of your argument and even if you did he's still not 30 points ahead so you're still wrong. I just want you to acknowledge how silly your opinions were when i was laughing at them months ago.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You don't just get to pick whatever player is leading the scoring race as part of your argument and even if you did he's still not 30 points ahead so you're still wrong. I just want you to acknowledge how silly your opinions were when i was laughing at them months ago.
I don't think I ever said Rantanen was better than McDavid. Rantanen was the best player in the world for a good stretch. Being the best player in the NHL isn't just reserved for McDavid, regardless of what everyone else is doing lol he's not Gretzky or Lemieux.

The separation isn't nearly as big as some people think.

Reactions: Ageless

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I don't think I ever said Rantanen was better than McDavid. Rantanen was the best player in the world for a good stretch. Being the best player in the NHL isn't just reserved for McDavid, regardless of what everyone else is doing lol he's not Gretzky or Lemieux.

The separation isn't nearly as big as some people think.

He wasn't ever the best player in the world. Not ever. He was never scoring 130 points and he was never scoring 30 more than McDavid. Which is why I laughed at your stupid opinions at the time and which is why I'm rubbing it in your face now. Most of the board knew it at the time and everyone has it confirmed now.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Now that Edmonton is in garbage time and out of it, I fully expect McDavid to now overtake Kuch because the Art Ross is their cup and that’s when the points flow in like wine. Go get’er, boys

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Hawks having some good clean fun out there tonight.

Kane at 90 points is the only player with a slim chance at stopping the mighty Kuch.

Still waiting for mcdavid to "heat up"..... Maybe next game? Next week? Last week of the season?

#showtime

Reactions: Ageless

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Lol 2 goals and 3 primary assists to put him at 99 points now in 60 games, what a monster.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He wasn't ever the best player in the world. Not ever. He was never scoring 130 points and he was never scoring 30 more than McDavid. Which is why I laughed at your stupid opinions at the time and which is why I'm rubbing it in your face now. Most of the board knew it at the time and everyone has it confirmed now.

He was the best player in the world for a period of time this season. McDavid hasn't been the best player in the league at any point this season. Rantanen / Kucherov / Gaudreau / Kane, all had incredible 20-30 game stretches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181214-203126.png
    Screenshot_20181214-203126.png
    1 MB · Views: 10

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Now that Edmonton is in garbage time and out of it, I fully expect McDavid to now overtake Kuch because the Art Ross is their cup and that’s when the points flow in like wine. Go get’er, boys
Well there's always first overall draft picks....

I fully expect Tampa to rest up Kuch for the playoffs and once that is known, lo and behold McD will suddenly start getting mercy/pity points, second secondary assists,etc

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
He was the best player in the world for a period of time this season. McDavid hasn't been the best player in the league at any point this season. Rantanen / Kucherov / Gaudreau / Kane, all had incredible 20-30 game stretches.

Incorrect. Just admit you were wrong and you're opinions are silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->