Art Ross thread (2018/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I’m not even sure why someone would have an issue the clear best offensive player in the league winning 3 straight scoring titles.

It wasn’t boring when Gretzky and Lemieux dominated the Art Ross for 15 years. It was incredible to watch.

It wasn’t boring when Jagr did it. It was amazing to witness.

Simple answer.

That's because it's not their favorite player doing it.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
A shocking revelation from an expert. Indeed playing superhuman minutes per game apparently does not increase production at least linearly, if we are to believe this hobo:

We found one of the world’s most experienced track and field coaches in Les Gramantik, who in 45 years as an international coach has made a living maximizing athletic performance.
He thinks the Oilers are squeezing McDavid and Draisaitl too hard.
“I think you’re mortgaging your future on the current results,” said Gramantik. “The results, in my opinion, would be the same if McDavid played four or five minutes less, because of the (benefits of) recovery.

Why sky-high ice time for Oilers stars is cause for concern - Sportsnet.ca

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
2 more secondary assists tonight for Rantanen. Making him the league leader in secondary assists among forwards and 4th overall in the league.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gaudreau scored his 28th goal tonight. He's got 70 pts now.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Track and field, pretty comparable to ice hockey, terrible article

Les Gramantik did coach for the Decatholon, a multi-race event which includes races such as the 100 metre and 400 metres which IMO is as similiar of a track event you could compare to a regular NHL shift. He also focuses primarily on power and speed, so while I don’t think it’s the best article, he does know what he is talking about when it comes to recovery.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Les Gramantik did coach for the Decatholon, a multi-race event which includes races such as the 100 metre and 400 metres which IMO is as similiar of a track event you could compare to a regular NHL shift. He also focuses primarily on power and speed, so while I don’t think it’s the best article, he does know what he is talking about when it comes to recovery.
I've never once seen a track and field guy be able to glide, and use zero energy while travelling large distances.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I've never once seen a track and field guy be able to glide, and use zero energy while travelling large distances.

Hockey shifts are also around 1-2 minutes in which short bursts are more common than an endurance race.

I never once said they were great comparables but it’s not an outrageous claim.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Well McDavid s not all that surprising to me, Gaudreau however is- the fact that he pots as many goals as he does is flabergasting.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
1. Kucherov: 76 points (48 GP)
2. Gaudreau: 71 points (48 GP)
3. Rantanen: 71 points (47 GP)
4. McDavid: 70 points (46 GP)
5. MacKinnon: 68 points (47 GP)

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
SPOILER

Mcdavid will score 56 points in the last 35 games of the season and win the Art Ross

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
SPOILER

Mcdavid will score 56 points in the last 35 games of the season and win the Art Ross
Maybe? I'm not sure that's a spoiler, or even a bold prediction. Actually you've done nothing but waste everyone's time who had to read that, and mine for having to write this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad