Art Ross thread (2018/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
3 points so far for McDavid tonight, going into OT might be 4 on the night. Hopefully he can score in overtime and complete the Hat trick.

Reactions: GlitchMarner

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
No don’t you know he only collects points in garbage time. Last year he had 108 points and ironically 97 of them were in the last 40 games
Anything past the first period is garbage time.

Reactions: drs151

Legobbles

Mar 10, 2016
Halifax, NS
1. Kucherov: 72 points (44 GP)
2. Rantanen: 68 points (44 GP)
3. McDavid: 66 points (43 GP)
4. MacKinnon: 66 points (44 GP)
5. Gaudreau: 66 points (45 GP)
Every year, someone jumps out to a ridiculous lead and this board claims that they're uncatchable. Just past the halfway mark and Kuch has overtaken Rantanen by 4 points, and three other guys are right on him too. For my money, McDavid will still take it, he's too consistent and can manage to sit within striking distance of the lead even when he's ice cold. When other guys cool off, he just passes them.

Crazy that we have at least 5 guys on pace for 115+ this year.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Every year, someone jumps out to a ridiculous lead and this board claims that they're uncatchable. Just past the halfway mark and Kuch has overtaken Rantanen by 4 points, and three other guys are right on him too. For my money, McDavid will still take it, he's too consistent and can manage to sit within striking distance of the lead even when he's ice cold. When other guys cool off, he just passes them.

This board claims someone will win the Rocket after he has 5 goals in 5 games in the beginning of October. :laugh:

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

They’re actually all pacing for 120+ this season.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Sure wish the Oilers had a Hedman, Stralman, Mcdonaugh, Giordano, or Barrie. That's likely another 10-15 points to McDavid's total.

Reactions: Smart Alek

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
If I am fan of McDavid I am super happy. If I am a fan of the Oilers not so much.

Which is me. I like to see the oilers burn while Mcdavid wins art rosses. Jk kinda but It’s really mind blowing what chia has done in that city. Call it a salary dump on eberle and get strome in return, literally one of the slowest players in an obviously ever increasing speedy NHL. And the hall trade. I was stunned, and I was even more stunned how many people supported the trade at the time. Like it’s sad when the majority of hf could be a better gm.

Reactions: phillipmatchett

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Not sure how you think this is a reasonable prediction, let alone an amusing one.

Would not be surprised if he wins the Ross again considering the conditions are similar to last year for him to increase his production after the Oilers's playoff chances are done and for Kucherov to potentially take the foot off the gas as the playoffs get closer. Given he has hardly beaten the field significantly in PPG in either of his Rosses, the players ahead of him would have to miss time for him to win by a dozen.

Here comes the ole' McDavid only scores when out of the playoffs meme again...
HilariousLiquidAustraliankelpie-small.gif

How have we been eliminated already?

According to this article - https://thehockeywriters.com/edmonton-oilers-will-miss-playoffs/ we had 28 games left and needed some pretty hefty numbers to make the playoffs... in the final 29 games last year, McDavid scored 42 points...1.45PPG. No different then his current PPG this year. You claim he wasn't significantly ahead of his competition last year, and this year he is behind them with a PPG of 1.53 in 43 games...

Tired narrative needs to sleep :surrender

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Sure wish the Oilers had a Hedman, Stralman, Mcdonaugh, Giordano, or Barrie. That's likely another 10-15 points to McDavid's total.
I think Hedman alone would have added at least 10 points to McDavid's current total.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Here comes the ole' McDavid only scores when out of the playoffs meme again...
HilariousLiquidAustraliankelpie-small.gif

How have we been eliminated already?

According to this article - https://thehockeywriters.com/edmonton-oilers-will-miss-playoffs/ we had 28 games left and needed some pretty hefty numbers to make the playoffs... in the final 29 games last year, McDavid scored 42 points...1.45PPG. No different then his current PPG this year. You claim he wasn't significantly ahead of his competition last year, and this year he is behind them with a PPG of 1.53 in 43 games...

Tired narrative needs to sleep :surrender
He's been in damage control mode ever since McDavid's first full season.

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer
No player has scored 120+ points since 2007.

No two players have scored 120+ points in the same season since 2006.

No player has scored 130+ points since 1996.

No two players have scored 125+ points in the same season since 1996.

No three players have scored 120+ points in the same season since 1996.

Could be a special year no matter who wins.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What about two players on the same team? Rantanen + MacKinnon/Kucherov + Point look like legit threats for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->