Art Ross thread (2018/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Well at least this "Rantanen leading the Art Ross race" will come to an end soon. That's at least something positive with 2019 to look forward to...

Reactions: Steerpike

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I still think McDavid will win it. He is right there with it right now, has been consistent throughout, and has 2 years in a row where he finished the last 20 games of the seasons on absolute tears.
His "absolute tear" from the second half of last season is already lower than the pace MacKinnon / kucherov / Rantanen have been on
MacK has as big of a shot as anybody. Just giving reasons for why people might be skeptical of Rantanen’s chances. If someone on the Avs wins the Art Ross, I think it’s MacK. :)

Mack / Kuch / McDavid / Rantanen have been top 4 in the league for over a year now. Honourable mention to Giroux.

Since the beginning of last season, those 4 have combined for 613 points!

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Because they are threatened by Rantanen. They hope that Mikko will fall of a cliff. Its not happening. Rantanen is here to stay and best winger in the game.

Not me.....he's the only guy I stat watch.

I want to see him get 125. Or more importantly beat the next closest by 10-15 points.

New blood is great for the game......

Reactions: AvsFan29

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
After games completed Dec 22 2018 -

Rantanen 59 pts
Kucherov 57 pts
Mackinnon 56 pts
McDavid 52 pts
Marner 50 pts
Scheifele 49 pts
Gaudreau 48 pts
Eichel 48 pts
Wheeler 48 pts
Pastrnak 47 pts
Point 47 pts

Who wins?

You should add games played (noting missed games) and PPG. Would help give some context for pace i.e. McDavid has played 35 games to Rats 37.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
McDavid has been playing his best hockey of his career and the closest he's got to the lead was 7 points back.
??? They were tied a couple weeks ago? And McDavid is not playing the best hockey of his career. He's been average (by his standards) so far.

Stop spewing nonsense when you clearly don't watch the Oilers.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
??? They were tied a couple weeks ago? And McDavid is not playing the best hockey of his career. He's been average (by his standards) so far.

None of what you just said is true

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

I think that poster is going by points per game but I have to agree with you. McDavid hasn't hit his next gear yet but maybe he doesn't.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Like @BallardEra said above me, he has not hit his stride yet, and is not "playing the best hockey of his career". You're stat watching, not watching the games.

And yes, late November they were tied in points, Rantanen with a game in hand. McDavid had more goals though.
2 weeks ago he was 8 points back
4 weeks ago he was 9 points back

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Like @BallardEra said above me, he has not hit his stride yet, and is not "playing the best hockey of his career". You're stat watching, not watching the games.

And yes, late November they were tied in points, Rantanen with a game in hand. McDavid had more goals though.
When?? Find me a time in the last 9 weeks where he was within 3 points.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Because they are threatened by Rantanen. They hope that Mikko will fall of a cliff. Its not happening. Rantanen is here to stay and best winger in the game.
I don't think so. Kucherov is better than Rantanen. Rantanen's stats are unsustainable (look at his oiSH%). I would put my money on Kucherov (and McDavid for sure) finishing ahead of Rantanen this year.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
So that’s another reason why he’s still the safest bet.

For as long as anyone’s sample size is for scorching scoring pace between Rantanen’s, Mackinnon’s or Kucherov’s, McDavid’s is still 100+ games longer than all of them.

If course he may not win it, but there’s no justifying him not be the favourite to win it.

Reactions: Hot Pockets
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad