Celebrity Death: Art Bell (72)

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Art Bell Dead at 72 - Radio Ink

Didn't see this one coming.

I'm going to miss his voice, and his on air talent.

I used to listen to Coast to Coast way way way back. I stopped listening after a couple years after Noory took over as it wasn't the same.

The show from a dark, fun jaunt into the unknown and unexplained, to basically a show for advertising bull shit products and people's books. Art Bell used to challenge his guests and callers on thier views, I don't think Noory has ever done this.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
A tremendous loss for radio. The campfire tales in the middle of the night were perfect. Unfortunately Noory is a complete bore and a snake oil salesman.

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
RIP.

Had one insane of a night time show and loved listening to it whenever I was driving or couldn't sleep late at night. A lot of it was probably fake, but that didn't keep the entertainment factor down for me by any means of the imagination.Weirdly and strangely that he passed away on a Friday the 13th, the conspiracy is real.

He was easily one host where the video simply could not kill the radio star.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Everytime I went to my late mothers place she always had him on.

I liked when he had conspiracy theorist on his show and when they ended their rants he asked some questions based upon accepted logic and more often then not the person was just nuts

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
This guy saw me through many sleepless nights. Just a fantastic person. No matter how nutty his callers were he always treated them with respect and heard them out.

My favourite Art Bell call was some really old man called in and claimed he had learned to have a diet where he never pooped. After a moment of clearly being stunned he just responded with, and "why would you want to do that?"

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My grandmom would listen to him. I checked out one show from the past where someone called in and said they worked at area 51 and he was freaking out cause he said they were going to kill him and then after a minute or two everything goes dead. Art came back on the air and said that his whole system was fried and he was on a backup or phone I forget as it was years ago. At the time it at least seemed real, I figured it was fake but if so well done at least the guy calling was effective.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
My grandmom would listen to him. I checked out one show from the past where someone called in and said they worked at area 51 and he was freaking out cause he said they were going to kill him and then after a minute or two everything goes dead. Art came back on the air and said that his whole system was fried and he was on a backup or phone I forget as it was years ago. At the time it at least seemed real, I figured it was fake but if so well done at least the guy calling was effective.

Yah, that happened, one of the most famous coast to coast episodes.

There was another episode where Art recieved a call from a guy in a Cessna claiming to be flying into Area 51 airspace. He suppodly got shot down for his attempt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad