Arsenal FC Thread

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
David Ornstein explains what went on with Guendouzi in Dubai and Arteta's new stance

It was this stuff that led him to be banished.

Saliba on the other hand there is no explanation.
That's actually terrible. I'm sure it's not all there is because otherwise, it's beyond stupid.
“But also during the five-day camp, Arsenal’s technical director Edu had to tell off the Frenchman for his behaviour at an external event,” Ornstein adds. “The group were enjoying some local music when Guendouzi briefly removed his shirt and waived it around in support of the act.”

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
A commonly shared theme or trait. That is the definition.

Maybe read the dictionary or actually address the point next time.
I'm sorry, your point makes zero sense so I guess that's where I'm running into problems. The common denominator between Guendouzi and other players who have had attitude issues on the pitch (i'm assuming you mean Luiz or Xhaka here?) is Arteta, therefore it's Arteta's fault that he treats them differently based on alleged off-the-pitch issues? Or are you saying that it's Arteta's fault that Guendouzi has attitude issues?

Is that your point? I mean, there's not really much to address there, as it's just a dumb point

Last edited:

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I'm sorry, your point makes zero sense so I guess that's where I'm running into problems. The common denominator between Guendouzi and other players who have had attitude issues on the pitch (i'm assuming you mean Luiz or Xhaka here?) is Arteta, therefore it's Arteta's fault that he treats them differently based on alleged off-the-pitch issues? Or are you saying that it's Arteta's fault that Guendouzi has attitude issues?

Is that your point? I mean, there's not really much to address there, as it's just a dumb point
Seems like a have struck a nerve here. Nothing dumb about questioning the methods of a rookie coach when his players collect red cards for fun. Hard to take Arteta seriously when he tolerates worse things from veteran players but puts a younger player aside for less to show that he has strong leadership. But keep being angry.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Seems like a have struck a nerve here. Nothing dumb about questioning the methods of a rookie coach when his players collect red cards for fun. Hard to take Arteta seriously when he tolerates worse things from veteran players but puts a younger player aside for less to show that he has strong leadership. But keep being angry.
I'm really not angry, I'm just confused as to how you're still not discussing the off the pitch issues.

Yes, under Arteta there seems like there's a discipline issue, but it's not like Arteta is out there coaching them to get red cards. Regardless, he's admitted he needs to make sure those don't happen. But it's not simply that Guendouzi got a red card and was shipped out, and it's not like there have been veteran players who have done worse things. The same thing? Sure, but grabbing a dude's neck is pretty bad. Add in the off the pitch issues, that key factor you're apparently blind to, and suddenly it's a lot more clear

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This makes sense in a way as his previous deal was expiring in 2023 and it stabilises his market value for longer period of time. No issues with Holding as a rotational option or starter in cup games, but after this season he cannot be starting Premier League games if we want to be serious again. Simply no reason to play him over Saliba and/or Gabriel. .

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Depends on the salary. Man Utd seem to be the experts at giving squad players high salaries - which makes them difficult to sell later. Had many of those through the years at Spurs as well.

He seems like a reasonable enough player to hold on to though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I should replace Arteta. I have a ton of FM experience. I've been playing it since I was a teenager. I take my tactics seriously.

I'll make Arsenal great again!
Before we hire you, we need proof of a Prem Title and CL games by 2026 in your Arsenal FM save.

Thank you.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
A stat which shows the incredibly good and incredibly bad of recent Arsenal.

Arsenal have failed to score in four of their nine Premier League home games this season. We had only failed to score in four home matches in the previous four seasons put together.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I used a time frame that is quite simple : those players I named were all world class or close to world class at some point in their career. All are internationals playing for the biggest teams in the world. Pogba, Mahrez, Mendy x3, Mandanda, Payet.
Even if you want to count Gnabry, that's FAR from enough.
Are we really saying Payet was world class? Edouard Mendy? For that matter, any of the Mendys? But fine, let's make that comparison. Szczesny is certainly better than E. Mendy. In terms of internationals playing for the biggest teams in the world, on the English team, you have Saka, AMN, Wilshere, Iwobi. On Germany, Gnabry. On Spain, Bellerin. On the Netherlands, Malen. On Poland, Szczesny (or is Poland not big enough for you). If you're talking big clubs, then you have literally everyone who played for Arsenal (who is bigger than Marseille, Crystal Palace, and West Ham, seeing as you included Mandanda and Payet), plus Bennacer at Milan, Szczesny at Juve, Gnabry at Bayern.
Mahrez joined in 2010 and left in 2014. Any way you sliced it, that's 4 years.
Yes, it just wasn't the academy, which is the topic of the conversation.
I already told you about E. Mendy so no need to repeat.
Sure, it's just wrong, but that's okay.
It's OK, you mocked me before even realizing what you were talking about (Le Havre academy). It's OK, it's not the first time you do it. You don't have to know where those guys come from, it's fine.
Just next time do some research before mocking me because I thought the all mighty Arsenal.
No, I do. I realize the issue is more that you have a pathological need to be right such that even when you're wrong you continue blowing smoke.

Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are we really saying Payet was world class?
Payet is probably the most underrated world class player alive. I wish Arsenal would buy him because we would win multiple CLs. Next is to get rid of Laca for Icardi and it would be decades worth of CLs for us.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hopefully when he comes back from loan Arteta does a little more to help him settle in...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I feel like a big part of the bridge has been burnt.
He should shut his mouth in public.
And Arsenal should sack Arteta but it doesn't seem likely now.
Hopefully he stays at Nice with Todibo.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If that can make some Arsenal fans feel better of the possibility of losing Saliba, he's in deep shit right now.
He posted a snap yesterday publicly instead of privately.
On that video, he was filming in the lockerroom and you can distinctly see a player... masturbating.
That video has a few years and it's in a NT youth competition given the jerseys worn by some players.
The federation might suspend him.

Reactions: Rob

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If that can make some Arsenal fans feel better of the possibility of losing Saliba, he's in deep shit right now.
On that video, he was filming in the lockerroom and you can distinctly see a player... masturbating.
That video has a few years and it's in a NT youth competition given the jerseys worn by some players.
Yikes that is not a good situation. Keep us posted on how the investigation goes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And Arsenal should sack Arteta but it doesn't seem likely now.
Yeah he isn't getting fired any time soon except if we have another run of relegation level football. I am not sure if he's the right bloke for the job, but I also like that Arsenal doesn't have an itchy trigger finger like Chelsea does.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

I know there are cultural differences between countries but is mastrubating in front of your teammates not considered a big deal in France?

Also, my first reaction would not be to start filming with my phone.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, it seems that there is something wrong with a player pleasuring himself in front of teammates instead of Saliba video taping it. It's like that security guard during the NFL game, people took pics of it yet the guard is at fault for being an idiot.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
If that was not him jerking off, why is he in trouble?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I know there are cultural differences between countries but is mastrubating in front of your teammates not considered a big deal in France?

Also, my first reaction would not be to start filming with my phone.
No cultural differences. It is a big deal hence, why the federation is investigating.
Rigby players do it all the time but that doesn't make it right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad