Arsenal FC Thread

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
On the contrary. Those 2 wins mean Arteta will be here at least a month more.
Arsenal wasn't going to fire him until we actually got into a relegations spot. When we didn't win a game since November 1st, Edu mentioned that everything was fine. He's got a long leash and at least deserves the January window to see what happens.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arteta: the bad spell was more results than performance
He still thinks he was not to blame for our terrible spell. This means it will happen again, & next time it could cost him his job.

Arteta is a moron. If we had a good manager take over from this point on, we'd have a great shot at breaking into the top four. Chelski and Sp*rs are struggling badly, we could sneak right into fourth place.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
After the game tonight, Arsenal remain the only team to have scored in every single game in a Premier League season (2001-02). Truly the mightiest club :)

Reactions: S E P H

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It is very easy to look up. Arsenal 2001-02 and Everton 1889-90 are the only top flight teams to do this. Wenger was a magician.

Interesting. I feel like I remember games they haven’t scored but I’d have to look I guess to see if I’m wrong or not.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well playing the youth has proven to be the right play. Now if only Arteta gave Saliba a shot, he deserves a chance.

Reactions: AB13

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Xhaka what you see is what you get. Guendouzi is 21 and has a lot of room to improve. Keeping and playing Xhaka after all the dumb things he has done while Guendouzi is frozen out and then sent on loan because of his perceived attitude problem is pretty hypocritical.
This is silly, because the rumors are is that it's not just Guendouzi's on the pitch attitude

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, many players take red cards and are not banished to Siberia.
Even less so when he defended a teammate.

But I'm sure you'll say that was a BIG attitude problem to defend his teammate.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yes, many players take red cards and are not banished to Siberia.
Even less so when he defended a teammate.

But I'm sure you'll say that was a BIG attitude problem to defend his teammate.
Berlin is in Siberia now? You must have missed what happened in 1989. Grabbing an opponent by the neck, among other rash decisions he has made, shows that sometimes his attitude isn't right on the pitch. The same goes for Xhaka. But the rumors are that Guendouzi also had off-the-field. So in combination, that's what got him a loan move to Berlin.

Careful, mate, eventually the strawmen fight back. i'm on the record hoping that Arteta and Guendouzi can both make nice and Guendouzi can be re-integrated.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, you can't fault Guendouzi for his attitude on the pitch. That's just WAY off line for a single incident where he showed solidarity. Was it dumb? It was. But certainly not a sign of attitude problem.
Now off it, that's quite possible as I said many times.

But since what I disagreed with was the on the pitch problems, I stand by it and frankly, the single incident you're pointing to is ridiculously bad to counter my point.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Berlin is in Siberia now? You must have missed what happened in 1989. Grabbing an opponent by the neck, among other rash decisions he has made, shows that sometimes his attitude isn't right on the pitch. The same goes for Xhaka. But the rumors are that Guendouzi also had off-the-field. So in combination, that's what got him a loan move to Berlin.

Careful, mate, eventually the strawmen fight back. i'm on the record hoping that Arteta and Guendouzi can both make nice and Guendouzi can be re-integrated.
Many other players also got red cards and showed aggression since then. Might just be that the manager is at fault here since he is the common denominator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->