Confirmed with Link: Arsen Khisamutdinov Signed to a 2-Year ELC

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Last year, the Habs said they drafted him because they knew his contract in Russia was coming up and they felt that instead of getting in line to try convincing him to sign with Montreal this year, they wanted to bring him into the system so he's their property.

All the attention is obviously on Romanov, but this was seemingly the plan with Khisamutdinov the entire time.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Interested to see how he does with more ice time and on NA ice. Laval should have more firepower next year if we can get Hudon or a similar vet back.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Not the russian prospect everyone was expecting but hey, I'll take it :laugh: ! I won't go and call him the next Panarin or anything but I've liked what I've seen of him in 19-20 when he was with the big team. He's big, he can skate and he plays a pretty NA friendly game. I could see him do well in Laval next year if he comes in with the right mind set.

Last edited:

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I mean I can't say he's earned it but good for him. He was very intriguing to me when we drafted him but this season was really disappointing. That said I hope he does well. He has some interesting skill and size

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Going forward, I will call him Mutt because I will not try to spell out his name and embarrass myself with each mention.

Big kid, didn't score much last year, not sure of his skill set...seems like a project but at least he put his name on the dotted line. Good luck to the kid.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Best case he becomes something.

Worst case, he's AHL bound and another Russian for Romanov,so he and Firestarter don't feel isolated too much

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
His stats in the VHL are not bad at all when you take in consideration that he is close to 1 PPG, while the 2nd highest PPG player on the team is only at 0.57...

I like that signing, Laval will be pretty entertaining to watch next year with Ylonen, Arsen, Brook ect...

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
32/50 players under contract for next year already. Let's add Romanov and Mikko Lehtonen next :)

We can expect at least one of the CHL prospects to be signed, as well. And RHP has finished his Junior career, so it remains to be seen if he will be signed to an ELC or an AHL contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad