Prospect Info: Arsen Khisamutdinov, Laval Rocket (2019, 170th)

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Big center with skills.. As others said, instead of signing as a UFA, why not secure this guy that way? Good even if underwhelmin pick.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Neftekhimik is playing their first regular season game today against Minsk. It doesn't look like Khisamutdinov is in the line-up. Either a healthy scratch or nursing an injury.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that sucks that he got sent down, hopefully he lights it up and gets called back as it's not a good sign that he can't crack that roster as Neftekhimik was terrible last year as only 2 teams in the KHL had less wins and they were among the lowest in goals for. All their top players from last year are back so there's not a lot of room I'm guessing but they had Avtsin on the 3rd line from the lineup I saw, he had 1 goal in 20 games last year and even if he repeats his best season which was the previous year where he had 15 pts in 44 games, I would hope that Khisamutdinov can do better then that.

Although he was held to just 1 assist in 7 preseason games so perhaps that got him sent down.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
that sucks that he got sent down, hopefully he lights it up and gets called back as it's not a good sign that he can't crack that roster as Neftekhimik was terrible last year as only 2 teams in the KHL had less wins and they were among the lowest in goals for. All their top players from last year are back so there's not a lot of room I'm guessing but they had Avtsin on the 3rd line from the lineup I saw, he had 1 goal in 20 games last year and even if he repeats his best season which was the previous year where he had 15 pts in 44 games, I would hope that Khisamutdinov can do better then that.

Although he was held to just 1 assist in 7 preseason games so perhaps that got him sent down.

Russians are notoriously not confident in youngsters though, so personally I'm not too despaired by his demotion. It would be ideal to see him get icetime in the KHL, but if he's going to be benched, might as well get ice time in the VHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Russians are notoriously not confident in youngsters though, so personally I'm not too despaired by his demotion. It would be ideal to see him get icetime in the KHL, but if he's going to be benched, might as well get ice time in the VHL.

Well he turns 22 a little over half way through the season and it's not a good sign when you are an offensive player and can't crack a really bad offense. But we'll see what happens, not the start I wanted for him but hopefully he can get on the team and show something. I would have rather seen them go with someone younger like Danil Savunov who was picked a few spots after him. Granted I didn't know him at the time but thought he showed some things at the last U-20 tournament 2 weeks ago.

That said he did have some impressive numbers in a short time frame in the KHL last year so hopefully he will get his chance sooner then later.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Everytime people want to stress the number of quantity picks we have in a draft....remember this pick. 22 year old russian soon and VHL instead of KHL? Already a waste of a pick. Go Bibeau, Malone, Pasic or even risk with Burzan instead.

You want to risk with a Russian? Risk with Shalagin.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Everytime people want to stress the number of quantity picks we have in a draft....remember this pick. 22 year old russian soon and VHL instead of KHL? Already a waste of a pick. Go Bibeau, Malone, Pasic or even risk with Burzan instead.

You want to risk with a Russian? Risk with Shalagin.
I disagree, Habs have enough quality depth, picks and prospects to use one of their numerous late picks to take a chance on a big skilled player like Khisamutdinov, its not like our prospect pool and picks bank were thin, we were in a position to afford taking a such risk, we could miss or hit high, time will tell...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I disagree, Habs have enough quality depth, picks and prospects to use one of their numerous late picks to take a chance on a big skilled player like Khisamutdinov, its not like our prospect pool and picks bank were thin, we were in a position to afford taking a such risk, we could miss or hit high, time will tell...

Didn't I mention if you want to risk with a Russian, go Shalagin? 1 1/2 year younger and much more offensive?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watching the rest of the game, if you watch the game, with just over 5 minutes to go in the 2nd, or around the 129 minutes into you can see him make his power move on net but he missed it by a lot from the looks of it.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I watched most of the first period today, it's a one camera only stream so it was a bit of a struggle to see some of the action. He created a nice scoring chance for his line in the dying seconds with a good forecheck but they couldn't capitalize on it sadly. He's big and he can skate, that's about all I can tell at the moment. Pretty tenacious on the forecheck and the backcheck too, he doesn't mind getting involved.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do we have any Russian residents who are Hab fans and who post here? We shouldn’t have to put ourselves through one camera streams where players disappear from view and are an ordeal to watch.

Russia, if you’re listening ...

Reactions: Whitesnake

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Honestly, I pretty much stopped paying attention after Caufield. Ok, maybe Struble, Fairbrother and Norlinder but I pretty much forgot who else we drafted.

it's likely a good idea, when they draft 2 guys from leagues that never have had someone drafted from there before and 2 overagers including a 21 year old, it's likely a safe bet that they felt it was a weak class depth wise so in the later rounds they just said f*** it in that they took some way off the board picks. although to be fair the biggest off the board was likely more about paying tribute to a long time scout for the Habs so can't fault them for that.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
it's likely a good idea, when they draft 2 guys from leagues that never have had someone drafted from there before and 2 overagers including a 21 year old, it's likely a safe bet that they felt it was a weak class depth wise so in the later rounds they just said **** it in that they took some way off the board picks. although to be fair the biggest off the board was likely more about paying tribute to a long time scout for the Habs so can't fault them for that.

Oh, I understand and heck, when I play NHL on my XBox, I throw caution to the wind with late round picks also. I’m not really bashing the choices in the later rounds but I’m not applauding them either. I guess the great thing is I won’t be pissed or disappointed if it doesn’t work out since the likelihood of an NHLer this late is rare, but at the same time, I can be blown away if it works out.

To be fair, I didn’t follow prospects as much this past year compared to 2017-2018, thus I won’t pretend to know much about this year’s later round prospects.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->