Prospect Info: Arsen Khisamutdinov, Laval Rocket (2019, 170th)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I like the philosophy the Habs adopted in the Khisamutdinov and Harvey-Pinard picks. They selected two players who were going to be undrafted UFAs next year and instead of getting in line in convincing them to sign with Montreal, they drafted them to put them in the system.

And they used a 6th and a 7th round picks for these selections. No high picks were used for this. I'm all for this.

yeah I was going to post this in defense of this pick and the RHP pick. I thought it was a pretty good idea myself. Why not? They're late round picks. I like the logic.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Maxime Tremblay

Aug 8, 2019
Montréal
When you amass excess picks like the Habs have, you can easily afford to use 6th and 7th round picks for projects like these.

When you amass excess picks like the Habs have, you can easily afford to use 6th and 7th round picks for projects like these.

the best example of team who draft overarger is the Lightning with Ondrej Palat drafter in 7 round he was 20 years old

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yeah I was going to post this in defense of this pick and the RHP pick. I thought it was a pretty good idea myself. Why not? They're late round picks. I like the logic.

When you look at the probabilities of 6th and 7th rounders even just getting into NHL games, might as well go for these kind of players.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like the philosophy the Habs adopted in the Khisamutdinov and Harvey-Pinard picks. They selected two players who were going to be undrafted UFAs next year and instead of getting in line in convincing them to sign with Montreal, they drafted them to put them in the system.

And they used a 6th and a 7th round picks for these selections. No high picks were used for this. I'm all for this.

If it's a weaker draft then I'm ok with it. In the case of RHP though I didn't like that they traded a pick to get him, if you want him that bad just use the 7th we already had.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If it's a weaker draft then I'm ok with it. In the case of RHP though I didn't like that they traded a pick to get him, if you want him that bad just use the 7th we already had.

Clearly they wanted Ruscheinski also, hence why they got that extra 7th. It's been Habs' M.O. the last few years anyways. Trading the following year's 7th to get a 7th of the current year.

In 2016, they moved their 2017 7th to Winnipeg to draft Henrikson.
In 2017, they moved their 2018 7th to Philly to draft Primeau.
In 2018, they moved their 2019 7th to Philly to draft Stapley.
In 2019, they moved their 2020 7th to Philly to draft RHP.

And now in 2020, they already moved their 2021 7th to get Chicago's 2020 7th in the Shaw deal. And if the trend continues, they will get a 2021 7th back by moving their 2022 7th.

So really, That was a nothing trade. They moved a 7th for a 7th. They didn't have to give up an earlier pick to get their hands on an extra 7th.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Clearly they wanted Ruscheinski also, hence why they got that extra 7th. It's been Habs' M.O. the last few years anyways. Trading the following year's 7th to get a 7th of the current year.

In 2016, they moved their 2017 7th to Winnipeg to draft Henrikson.
In 2017, they moved their 2018 7th to Philly to draft Primeau.
In 2018, they moved their 2019 7th to Philly to draft Stapley.
In 2019, they moved their 2020 7th to Philly to draft RHP.

And now in 2020, they already moved their 2021 7th to get Chicago's 2020 7th in the Shaw deal. And if the trend continues, they will get a 2021 7th back by moving their 2022 7th.

So really, That was a nothing trade. They moved a 7th for a 7th. They didn't have to give up an earlier pick to get their hands on an extra 7th.

clearly but it's not like they needed to pick Ruscheinski if they liked RHP more then just pick one since last June's draft looked to be weaker in terms of the later rounds and this years deeper so I'd rather have a 7th in '20 then an extra one in '19 to take a overager from the Q that they should have been able to sign as a FA after the draft and a total wild card from a league that just doesn't see players get drafted from.

The whole thing was just odd and in a way shows a kind of sad state that the Habs felt they needed to draft a local overager because he might not want to sign here, that doesn't speak well as you just think it's more of an almost automatic that a local overager would want to sign with the Habs, if it's a NHL contract or AHL if they are only offered AHL contracts by other teams.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
So which is the city's name and which is the team's name?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not into hockey jerseys but if I were, I'd like the idea of an Arsen jersey with all those letters in the back.

I'm not sure what jersey he's wearing in the following pic:

23440.jpg

However, if my online search is correct, this is the jersey he should be wearing this year (maybe someone can confirm):

Neftekhimik_Nizhnekamsk_2017_Dark-800x800.jpg

Colors and logo are pretty cool.

neftekhimik.png
ameplate and a

Even found a site where you can custom order it, including a choice of lettering in English or Russian: Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk KHL 2017-18 Russian Hockey Jersey Dark

Or you can bypass this and stick a nameplate and a number 40 on a Rocket or Habs jersey.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->